Air con

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

I don’t get to drive my partners new CX as she is always in it but I don’t think the air con is working properly. We’ve had the condenser changed and it’s booked in this week with the dealers to look at.

My question to everyone is how cold is the cold air you get out of your system? All previous cars (and my current BMW) blew out near freezing air but the CX3 just seems “coldish”

Hopefully you’ve had chance today to get it on its lowest setting!
2016 Soul Red Sport Nav. Manual petrol.

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

It should be freezing cold when I'm m maximum cooling
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

That’s my view but just wanted to get other users opinions. As per your suggestion in another post I will get the dealers to replace the evaporator and control unit whilst it’s still under warranty.
Mazdaman72

Post by Mazdaman72 »

I hope this is the right place, my cx3 is going for its second service tomorrow and I have just been told that the condenser has be changed as a Mazda recall they currently don't have the part but will rebook when the part is available.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Mine was built after the faulty air con episode. I must say that I have to have it on maximum cooling in the summer to get anything like the cold air I have had in previous cars.
At 16 it is cool but not cold. At 15 it is fairly cold but the noise from the fan makes it a bit unpleasant.
Definitely not the best air con I have experienced.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

Must say I’ve not been particularly impressed with Mazdas handling of this situation. We are getting the evaporator changed and this must be coming from Japan because the dealer needed three weeks notice for the booking. Following feedback from other members on this forum I requested the dealer to also change the control unit but they refuse to do it stating that Mazda will not authorise a replacement cu until it is proved it is not the evaporator. This means the dealer will keep the car if it isn’t the evaporator, that could mean them having it for up to three weeks if it takes as long as the evaporator to arrive.

I hope it works as it should after all this!
FebLad

Post by FebLad »

It's an issue. If you want cold air in mine, the only way you can get it is by setting "recirculating". I assume, the air then gets progressively cooled rather than having to deal with warm air from the exterior on a hot day.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

FebLad wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:03 am It's an issue. If you want cold air in mine, the only way you can get it is by setting "recirculating". I assume, the air then gets progressively cooled rather than having to deal with warm air from the exterior on a hot day.
I would consider that a fault, my air-con (before failure) would act exactly as one would expect on any car.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

Why do they need to keep the car for 3 weeks? It should be drivable. They have never done anything different in my experience, it would appear, crazy as it is, that in spite of all the A/C problems they have had they don't have stock parts in the UK.
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

IWRA wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:13 pm Why do they need to keep the car for 3 weeks? It should be drivable. They have never done anything different in my experience, it would appear, crazy as it is, that in spite of all the A/C problems they have had they don't have stock parts in the UK.
If it is anything like my part of the country, Mazda dealers are few and far between and getting anything like a service or warranty work done needs to be booked at least 3 weeks in advance and if requiring a courtesy car nearer 6 weeks. I find it inexcusable with the air con situation in recent years that Mazda dealers weren't told to hold a small stock of each of the 3 items - to be replaced on an as used basis - so that any warranty problems couldn't be fixed without a further delay in ordering parts.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016