Android Auto and Car play

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

I got mine from this eBay seller as separate parts but looks like they sell it as a full kit now. Includes the usb box, cable and foam tape (to stop rattles)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3660089291

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Markcoopz wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:49 am Thanks,, having a moan at them costs nothing & might just get the job done although "goodwill" from a dealer may be stretching it. In the meantime I'll hunt around the net for parts & instructions
Moan at them by all means, but physically installing the hardware yourself (or a non Mazda dealer etc?) leads you wide open to invalidating any warranty you have! Just bear that in mind.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Markcoopz

Post by Markcoopz »

AndyRen wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:49 am
Markcoopz wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:49 am Thanks,, having a moan at them costs nothing & might just get the job done although "goodwill" from a dealer may be stretching it. In the meantime I'll hunt around the net for parts & instructions
Moan at them by all means, but physically installing the hardware yourself (or a non Mazda dealer etc?) leads you wide open to invalidating any warranty you have! Just bear that in mind.
I spoke to my dealer & like I thought, goodwill gestures ain't their style, its £350 or get lost.
You are quite right, good advice about doing a self install,. Do I want to invalidate the warranty on a brand new car just for a gadget that I could live without anyway ?.
I still can't get over the "ripped off" feeling though, still, I'll live with it.
Thanks for the advice.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

some dealers are discounting the supply and fit charge, but it depends on how far they are from you...
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Markcoopz wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:25 pm Do I want to invalidate the warranty on a brand new car just for a gadget that I could live without anyway ?.
Thanks for the advice.
And that Android Auto is not wire free, so extra mess in the cabin! (As far as I understand :roll: !)

You're welcome 8-)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
shift74

Post by shift74 »

No extra mess. My phone is in the glove box and no one can notice the AA is running from phone.
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

hsdejong wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:09 pm
Gadgetman wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:32 am
By the way: Personally I am very happy with the integrated Mazda navigation in the car.
Works excellent (including integrated free live traffic information) while driving in The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.
Thank you for the information on the free live traffic updates - on our last trip across Europe it caught us unawares.. and sure enough up came a queue ahead - a number of times..
Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

Just installed AA/CP upgrade on my wife’s 2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav. Got the kit off AliExpress for £88 delivered inc. VAT. Two software updates were needed which took about 1.5 hours. Physical installation took about the same time, going slowly. If anyone is planning to DIY this then I would recommend removing the gear knob and surround and glovebox which improves access. I would also recommend protecting the dash around the screen with masking tape to minimise the chance of scuffing it.

Installation was fairly straight forward using the provided instructions. The only issue was that there was very little spare flex to the CD player which made it harder to withdraw the USB hub. At first the navigation SD card was not recognised but worked fine after being ejected and re-inserted.

I can see why Mazda dealerships charge £300+ for this job as it takes between 1.5-2.5 hours to do and they charge £175 for parts. I would encourage anyone who wants AA/CP and is practical, to go for it and save over £200.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.