Android Auto and Car play

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

I have the All-In One Tweaks version of Android Auto, (the one that is software only and doesn't need a tax payment to Mazda), and with that, on the HUD, I get turn indications (mainly) together with distance count-downs to a junction. Only it is work in progress - roundabouts do not have any indication on the head-up screen at the moment.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.

Boyle de Cabbage

Greenman wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:14 pm
Because the software was free to develop and the license to use is free isnt it...

Err, not sure what you are saying old mate. The Mazda display uses Opera Browser as its underlying software and according to the Mazda hacking community, the extra software written for the CMU is dire. Are you saying I owe them something? And wasn't Google the provider of Android Auto software - for free?

I note that new Mazda 6s have AA and Carplay - as standard - for free!!
Last edited by Boyle de Cabbage on Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boyle de Cabbage

Yesterday, driving home, I was able to press the voice button on the steering wheel and say "switch on the coffee".

My espresso machine was up to temperature and ready to a pull a shot when I arrived home.

I just l-o-v-e Google.

It's that kind of connectivity that damns Mazda's and other manufacturers' 'entertainment' systems to obscurity.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

My warranty is up in May but I've the 59..... software -Only because I asked for the update to try and cure incorrect display of album/song titles..... It didn't. :cry:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Markcoopz

Post by Markcoopz »

Hi, This week I bought a CX-3 sport nav + 2019 (69 plate) from my local Mazda dealer, it has software ver. 70.00.335 EU N installed but I cannot find Android Auto on it anywhere. When buying it I got the impression from the dealer that AA was installed by default on the latest software so never physically checked. So, after buying a brand new car do I now have to stump up extra cash to get it installed or have I missed something here
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

Does one of the USB ports have a small white graphic a bit like a phone above it? If not you maybe don’t have the correct hardware.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Markcoopz wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:32 pm Hi, This week I bought a CX-3 sport nav + 2019 (69 plate) from my local Mazda dealer, it has software ver. 70.00.335 EU N installed but I cannot find Android Auto on it anywhere. When buying it I got the impression from the dealer that AA was installed by default on the latest software so never physically checked. So, after buying a brand new car do I now have to stump up extra cash to get it installed or have I missed something here
Not standard on CX-3 so you may have software but another £350 for hardware.
Markcoopz

Post by Markcoopz »

Hi Gadgetman, Neither of the USB ports have a small graphic smartphone so its probably the wrong hardware fitted. I'll probably just live without it but can't help having that "just been cheated feeling". It sort of takes the shine of what is otherwise a lovely car. Just wish that I hadn't taken the salesman at his word, still "if wishes were kisses" & all that.....
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

Go back and have a good moan and maybe they’ll put it in for you. As a consumer you can pick up the required parts for less than £200 and at about an hour or so to fit it’s not exactly an expensive goodwill gesture for them.

I, and many others, have just bought the required USB box and new cable and fitted at home. It’s an easy DIY job if you don’t mind taking a few bits of the trim off. There are good instructions floating around for it.

I like having it (Apple though for me) but I do feel it suffers a bit from Mazda not allowing touch screen use when moving. I have it another car that does allow touch screen and it’s way easier to use than scrolling around with the wheel.
Markcoopz

Post by Markcoopz »

Thanks,, having a moan at them costs nothing & might just get the job done although "goodwill" from a dealer may be stretching it. In the meantime I'll hunt around the net for parts & instructions