Android Auto and Car play

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Tonychapel

Post by Tonychapel »

I ordered my cx-3 in June and it was delayed because the new model was due. It eventually arrived and I collected it
On 26th Nov 2018.
I thought that Android Auto and CarPlay were fitted as standard on the 2019 model but it doesn’t appear anywhere.
The firmware is 59.00.545 and not 70.00.100

Can I get this installed free of charge?

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

The firmware should be 70.00.100 for Android Auto.

They would have probably upgraded at the time of collection if you had asked for a special reduced fee as the kit is £299/350 fitted with Mazda dealers but not very likely 3 months after the sale.

Android Auto/Car Play is standard on some new Mazda models from now but not all.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Android Auto/Apple CarPlay is still a cost option on 2019 CX3’s.
CX-3 Sport Black+, Eternal Blue, Petrol, Auto
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

Rufus wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:22 am Android Auto/Apple CarPlay is still a cost option on 2019 CX3’s.
Madness isn't it?

They want to make £350 of easy money fitting a USB hub worth $10 at most. It is price gouging at its very worst.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Boyle de Cabbage wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:30 pm
Rufus wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:22 am Android Auto/Apple CarPlay is still a cost option on 2019 CX3’s.
Madness isn't it?

They want to make £350 of easy money fitting a USB hub worth $10 at most. It is price gouging at its very worst.
Because the software was free to develop and the license to use is free isnt it...
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

It's a pretty simple home install if you want it cheaper. Buy the new USB hub and cables and spend a couple of hours updating the software (first) then replacing the hub and cables. Maybe recent versions of the car already come with the newer cables factory installed?

I put it my CX-3 a few weeks ago and it is way better for sat nav than the Mazda system, the only downside being the Mazda lock out of touchscreen functions when the car is moving.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

It's not the only downside...you loose the heads up display for Sat Nav which is a no from me.
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

The HUD is the most under-used component in my car - generally forget it's even there, so not a deal breaker for me. I'd rather have a sensible route that has accurate traffic info and ETAs. The Mazda system just doesn't do that well enough in my opinion.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

I've never had any issues with the stock sat nav..
As for music...if your phone is linked via Bluetooth... And you say ok Google play whatever....it plays through the system fine....
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

Gadgetman wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:32 am The HUD is the most under-used component in my car - generally forget it's even there, so not a deal breaker for me.
For me it is one of the most important safety features of my car.
I can check car speed, current speed limit and navigation information with a minimum of diversion from what's happening on the road.

By the way: Personally I am very happy with the integrated Mazda navigation in the car.
Works excellent (including integrated free live traffic information) while driving in The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic