Extended Warranty - when did Mazda contact you?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

My car will be 3 years old at the end of April. I'm wondering if Mazda UK will contact me automatically regarding an extended warranty, how close to the 3 year date they would make contact and can I expect it via post or e-mail? Just thought I'd canvas other owners for their experience before contacting Mazda UK Customer Services, as it might help other owners in a similar situation in the months ahead.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I got a letter from Mazda Warranty Services dated 18th August, ahead of the initial three year period expiry on 23 Sept. The letter included a PIN to enter on the www.mazdaextended.co.uk website to get my quote for extended warranty. You can get a quote and purchase without the letter by visiting the website or calling 0800 777 182.

(I paid £257.75 for the top level of cover as a one-off payment with £0 excess & without roadside assistance cover).
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Does the extended warranty cover both additional years and additional mileage or is it still capped at 60,000 miles?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Your car has to have less than 100,000 miles on it prior to taking out cover. The policy then remains in force, for the duration of cover stated on your confirmation of cover letter without a mileage limit. What happens at renewal time when you go for another quote is anyone's guess.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Thanks JT
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

the Mazda car insurance and extended warranty insurance is the same as Mitsubishi for the record
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

jtonline wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:31 am I got a letter from Mazda Warranty Services dated 18th August, ahead of the initial three year period expiry on 23 Sept. The letter included a PIN to enter on the www.mazdaextended.co.uk website to get my quote for extended warranty. You can get a quote and purchase without the letter by visiting the website or calling 0800 777 182.

(I paid £257.75 for the top level of cover as a one-off payment with £0 excess & without roadside assistance cover).
Many thanks for that reply jtonline. I'll leave it a couple of weeks to see if i get a letter or e-mail from Mazda UK, otherwise I will follow that website link. I will choose the top level for peace of mind, be interesting to see if the price is the same 6 months or so later.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

My warranty ends early May and I have yet to be contacted - Although I have been concerning the insurance excess payment/Mazda dealing with any insurance claim on my behalf, which is in 4 cover bands depending on the excess of the policy.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Received a letter from Mazda on Monday giving me details about logging on or phoning to get a quote to extend the warranty which runs out on 30th April. I've now checked online and they are quoting £344.19 for Complete Cover or £372.78 for Complete Cover plus Roadside Assistance. Both with £0 excess. Paying either a £75 or £150 excess reduces these prices around £10 or £20 respectively. So looks like the prices have gone up by 33% since last year :(
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:52 pm Received a letter from Mazda on Monday giving me details about logging on or phoning to get a quote to extend the warranty which runs out on 30th April. I've now checked online and they are quoting £344.19 for Complete Cover or £372.78 for Complete Cover plus Roadside Assistance. Both with £0 excess. Paying either a £75 or £150 excess reduces these prices around £10 or £20 respectively. So looks like the prices have gone up by 33% since last year :(
yes that would be about right. I was paying £300 per year up until January 2017 for my last car. my last car went without fault for 7 years before I sold it. had I not had any extended warranty insurance I'm sure it would have packed up. overall paying £1200 extra for peace of mind over 4 years isn't to bad

ps my last car was not a Mazda
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition