Extended Warranty - when did Mazda contact you?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

AndyRen wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:07 pm I certainly wasn't questioning whether to buy or not buy an extended warranty - that's up to the individual - I was merely suggesting that £350 would not go far towards curing many problems on a 4-5 year old (and beyond) car!
Especially at the parts prices charged by manufacturers these days - not just Mazda culprits here. Plus then you've got to add main dealer labour costs at well over £100/hr to factor into any decision.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016

fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

jtonline wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:35 pm I can think of a number of parts on my CX-3 that will cost more than £258 to replace that would be covered by extended warranty. As the vehicle gets older I consider them more likely to fail not less likely. A door mirror assembly is something like £600 just for the part (one has already been replaced under 3 yr warranty), a new swivelly headlight is something like £800, then there are the really expensive bits like the turbo. It will also cover any damage to parts caused by the failure of another covered part.

As already mentioned, insurance is costly if you never have to use it. Not everyone considers extended warranty worthwhile, but I made the decision to buy it.
I will when the time comes go with you and purchase it. :)
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Mazda's 3 year warranty is looking increasingly uncompetitive these days, when 5 or even 7 years is available elsewhere. This could be interpreted as showing a lack of confidence in the long term reliability of their cars, or perhaps Mazda just wants to make more money from the sale of extended warranties.

They have quoted me £372.77 for a year's "Complete Cover" including roadside assistance, and I will probably take it for peace of mind.

My 3 year pre-paid Service Plan is also expiring, and EMaC emailed me to call them on 0330 099 6801 and renew it.

I dialled the number twice and got the "number not recognised" message each time. I emailed them yesterday for an explanation and am awaiting their reply. Not a very good start, is it?
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
March

Post by March »

I'd like to know if a Mazda dealer's 12 month warranty on used cars is the same as Mazda's extended warranty on 3 year old cars.
I recently discovered that even with the 12 month warranty I would still have to pay a 'diagnostic' charge which would not be refunded even if the fault is covered.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Maybe the best course of action is to change cars every two or three years. I bought a pre-registered model initially and exchanged it after two years. Depreciation was only £4500 over two year as I managed to get a fantastic price on the new model. I've only owned the new one since January so I don't know how it will work out in 18 or 30 months if I want to exchange it. So far it has worked out well and depreciation has been a lot better than I ever imagined.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

zoylander wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:29 pm...My 3 year pre-paid Service Plan is also expiring, and EMaC emailed me to call them on 0330 099 6801 and renew it.

I dialled the number twice and got the "number not recognised" message each time...
The EMaC website says their customer service centre 'phone number is 0330 099 6826 Mon–Fri 8am to 6pm, Sat 9am to 1pm.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
steve67

Post by steve67 »

just buy the cx3 on a pcp and renew the car every 2-3 yrs simple, no warranty's to worry about, and get a service pack as part of the deal.
personally i swap cars every 18 months -2 yrs as it works for me not having cash locked up in a car..3 yr warranty's are old school, when the likes of Toyota , Hyundai and kia etc do 5yrs or more....£200-£350 what ever for a yrs warranty is far too much if you have confidence in a product..
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

jtonline wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:26 pm
zoylander wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:29 pm...My 3 year pre-paid Service Plan is also expiring, and EMaC emailed me to call them on 0330 099 6801 and renew it.

I dialled the number twice and got the "number not recognised" message each time...
The EMaC website says their customer service centre 'phone number is 0330 099 6826 Mon–Fri 8am to 6pm, Sat 9am to 1pm.
Thank you. I have now renewed the Service plan, and the monthly cost has reduced from £16.49 to £15.63.

When I queried the "not recognised" number I was told that it does not work in some parts of the country!
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

If you buy new with a three year service plan and all the other extras-I would guess that the best thing to do would be to exchange your car at just under 4 years old and not bother with an extended warranty. You will have had the full 12 month benefit of the last service within your 3 year service plan by then-paid for one mot( there's no getting out of that). Then-for that final 12 month ownership--why not just take the risk --and for a bit of piece of mind maybe buy the cheapest "breakdown recovery" ?
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

I normally keep a car for 7 or 8 years, then buy a new one for cash and sell the old one privately.
I appreciate that not everyone can afford to do this, but it works for me.