Extended Warranty - when did Mazda contact you?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Strangways wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:07 pm Maybe the best course of action is to change cars every two or three years. I bought a pre-registered model initially and exchanged it after two years. Depreciation was only £4500 over two year as I managed to get a fantastic price on the new model. I've only owned the new one since January so I don't know how it will work out in 18 or 30 months if I want to exchange it. So far it has worked out well and depreciation has been a lot better than I ever imagined.

£4.5k pays for an awful lot of running costs and repairs! Wish i could afford a new car every 2 years. :cry:

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Greenman wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:51 pm
Strangways wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:07 pm Maybe the best course of action is to change cars every two or three years. I bought a pre-registered model initially and exchanged it after two years. Depreciation was only £4500 over two year as I managed to get a fantastic price on the new model. I've only owned the new one since January so I don't know how it will work out in 18 or 30 months if I want to exchange it. So far it has worked out well and depreciation has been a lot better than I ever imagined.

£4.5k pays for an awful lot of running costs and repairs! Wish i could afford a new car every 2 years. :cry:
Every car has depreciation on top of the running costs. Obviously repairs aren't an issue if it's less than 3 years old.
It's all a matter of choices, I'm 71 and in good health so I chose to continue working 4 days a week and also claim my pension. If I was to give up work then things would be different.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED