18inch wheel & tyre for sale

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Thanks Andy, It needs a damn good clean though!
Once I have the jack/wheelspanner I'll relax and be more prepared :D
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Fitted it today.... Actually expected it to fit into the well in the boot and rest onto the foam insulation mat (the foam mat insert as seen on JT's web site), but it rests on either side of the well so if not secured with (say...) foam around the wheel, it might rock a bit (as in Motorhead? :shock: ) - or the proper Mazda replacement foam inserts would probably secure it in place. I placed a foam insert of around 3" thick under the wheel - which it now rests on - and as we luckily had some furniture foam left over from a project of about the tyres width, I cut some to fit and it holds the wheel nicely in place. I've removed the Mazda pump and tyre gunk and replaced them with a can of tyre foam spray which inflates the tyre when used - much better solution in my opinion (available at Halfords etc and most (?) fuel service stations) - I also had a root round in the shed and found a long 21mm socket and an old T bar socket handle that easily clear the wheel edge if used, they - along with the 2 tow rings, hub cap removal tool ??? and locking wheel nut socket - live in the furniture foam now. When I get a jack either online or from my eldest son who appears to have nicked several from the shed over the years I will probably cut suitable sized holes in the foam for everything, or put the jack behind the proper cutout in the boot.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Wow, you have been busy.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

Handy Andy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:37 am Wow, you have been busy.
It was that or sit in traffic stuck on a motorway somewhere! :lol: