Tyres oem or another brand

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Just looking for your thoughts and experience on tyre replacement.

Anybody found a "better" tyre than oem, I appreciate that it's subjective, but want to hear your views.

Will need a couple of fronts soon.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Still got my 215/50R18 Pirelli Sottozero 3 winter tyres on at the moment, but i'm considering the Falken AZENIS FK-453CC but haven't made my mind up yet :?
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

mum@mazda wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:21 pm Just looking for your thoughts and experience on tyre replacement.

Anybody found a "better" tyre than oem, I appreciate that it's subjective, but want to hear your views.

Remember to go with the tyre companies advice and put the new tyres on the back i.e. current wheels with the old back ones not being changed to be moved to the front. It seems counter intuitive but you are better having more grip at the back so the car doesn't "swap ends" when needing to brake very hard in wet weather or other adverse road surface conditions.

Like jtonline, I'd be interested in the Falken Azensis FK453CC tyres if needing to change my original Toyo Proxes. They have the following ratings: Fuel Efficiency C, Wet grip A and Noise Emission 67dB
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

NOT the bridgestones!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
captaindave

Post by captaindave »

Whats the issue with the Bridgestones ?

Our CX3 has them ( Turanzas)

Thanks
2018 CX3 SE-Nav Petrol, manual , Soul Red.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

mum@mazda wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:21 pm Just looking for your thoughts and experience on tyre replacement.

What is currently fitted.

Mazda has fitted different OEM tyres over the years, typically Bridgestone Turenza or Toyo Proxy.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

captaindave wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:00 pm Whats the issue with the Bridgestones ?

Our CX3 has them ( Turanzas)

Thanks
Personally, I've had them on other vehicles (Bridgestone Potenzas), they last for ages because they are fairly hard, but because of their hardness they were awfully noisy - something the CX-3 can well do without, at least the earlier models and I understand others on the forum have had the same issues.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I replaced both my front tyres with Falken after I had a puncture on my 2016 model. Everything felt the same although there was definitely a reduction in road noise. Problem was that the early models needed constant correcting when driving in a straight line and the tyre choice didn't appear to help. If I was you (and could afford to) I would part exchange for a 2019 model. It is a worthwhile investment and you wont regret it.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Toyo are currently fitted, have not had an issue with them, 24000 mls, so not complaining, just willing to try something different if there is anything out there.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

mum@mazda wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:14 pm Toyo are currently fitted, have not had an issue with them, 24000 mls, so not complaining, just willing to try something different if there is anything out there.
I'd stick with the Toyo's myself, it's funny Strangways mentioned the constant correcting because when we first had the car we noticed the same thing, but as we got used to the car we became less aware and now we don't feel there is a problem... weird?