Car Servicing & Steering Wheel change

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Just had my 50k service today. All OK. Main points were:
Original tyres between 3.7 & 3.9 mm tread left.
Original front brake pads 40% wear (30% last time)
Original rear brake pads 30% wear (60% last time!?! -doesn't make any sense or give me any comfort it's looked at correctly).

The steering wheel was due to be changed under warranty for peeling. The garage (Hendy Mazda at Chandlers Ford) had know about this for at least 5 weeks. When they rang to confirm the car was ready for picking up they said the steering wheel hadn't been changed. The excuse given when I picked the car up was the Mazda techs didn't work weekends and the techs who did the service didn't have access to the manuals and therefore didn't want to break anything. Why did they book it in for the work in the first place? What two bit mechanic without Mazda knowledge serviced the car?
Well, they already had broken something - see picture. These were found in the footwell. Obviously snapped off when trying to force something. Again some two bit oink not knowing what he's (or her, so as not to be sexist) doing. I am not happy!
Anyway, due to go in again in 2 weeks for the replacement.

WP_20190420_15_16_02_Pro.jpg

Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.

BWJ

Post by BWJ »

guess you better find some experts to fix your car in the future 8-)
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Housespider I note your location is the new forest, I use Magna Mazda Christchurch they seen to know what they are doing and go out of their way to help.
Did you contact Hendy about the broken bits on the floor, have you discovered where they came from yet.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

As soon as I saw them (luckily at the garage) I took them to the service manager who took them into the work shop. They are "apparently" a sort of guide lug. I enquired as to whether the broken bit would be replace when the steering wheel was change. Of course said he.
As if they knew what they'd broken off given they didn't know how to take the steering wheel off in the first place.
I'll ask to see the old piece after the repair is done.
I'm on the Waterside near Beaulieu so Christchurch is a bit of a trek. And my Emac is Hendy specific.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

What do you reckon the chances are for the steering wheel to be put back off centre......out of ten :lol:
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Lol!
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Finally had the steering wheel changed. The silver guides belonged to the silver insert at the bottom middle of the steering wheel. This was changed as well.
Reasons given for the peeling is use of hand lotions and aftershave. I only started using a bacterial lotion only after the "leather" started to peel as I thought the gritty feel was dirt etc on my hands, so shouldn't be a cause.
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

My last CX3 steering wheel was starting to peel but I defo don't use any hand lotion and rarely use aftershave or similar products. It's a manufacturer / material issue
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)