MAZDA Car Key Signal Blocker Case

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Ju... The Faraday bag blocks ALL signals to and from the key so in answer to your question - No, the key will not work whilst inside the bag, that's the whole reason for having a signal blocker case/bag. :)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

No. You cant open the car if you have the transponder in the faraday bag on you.
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

If you can the bag is faulty, my friend bought a cheap one off ebay and that was as good as a cotton hankie !!
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:32 pm Shame Mazda aren't doing / haven't yet done what Ford have just come out with - a modification to the keyfob so it stops "broadcasting" once the key has stopped moving for a few seconds.
Agree!

You have to take the keys out of the Faraday bag every time you want to unlock the car doors or to start the engine.
You can make car theft more difficult when you switch off the Advanced Keyless Entry System by operating the center display (Settings -> Vehicle -> Door Locks). Then the thieves have to physically break in the car before they can drive away using the "keyless or relay theft" method, making it less easy, takes more time and is less profitable.

I my opinion the best solution and more convenient is to store the keys in a Faraday case (tin can) in the house when not in use.
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

Do you also wear tin foil hats over there :lol:
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

BWJ wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:27 pm Do you also wear tin foil hats over there :lol:
Not yet :D
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

BWJ wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:27 pm Do you also wear tin foil hats over there :lol:
You mean...... You don't!!! :shock:
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

AndyRen wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:54 am
You mean...... You don't!!! :shock:
Yep, but ran out of foil lately, try if bricklayer bucket can manage :lol:
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

No. I tried this out and it didn't work which didn't surprise me!
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

My wife recently suggested to a friend to buy a couple of Faraday Bags as she has acquired a new car with keyless entry, so she ordered some - much to her husbands ridicule and (good natured I hope!) verbal abuse - Until he found out that 3 cars had been stolen in their street in the same week by ba$&@rds using a signal extender box of tricks! He now uses them religiously and reminds his wife to do the same.
Lesson learned.

I would suggest perhaps a weekly/monthly test of your bag/box etc by taking the key to your car still in the bag and seeing if you can open it (the car... not the bag), as some (cheaper model??) bags can deteriorate at the seam/flap and allow signals to pass through - those using their microwave oven to store their keys I suggest 2 people carry the oven out to their car...