Cx-3 gone.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

As requested by HouseSpider and zoylander. First impressions after 700 miles:
1) very smooth
2) very quiet - spookily so, no tyre noise
3) no rattles
4) it's the 1.6 petrol 180ps eight speed auto, I can already feel that it's going to be quite brisk.
5) cornering not as sharp as the CX-3 but that is to be expected due to the softer ride and extra size all round.
To sum up so far, if you want an SUV that is fun to chuck around bends then this is not for you, but if you want a capable cruiser then take one for a test drive.
Andy
Car sold - but still following Mazda.

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

What brand & size of tyre is fitted?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Hi HouseSpider,
They are Michelin Primacy 3
205x55x19

Andy
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Thanks.
I'm wondering a tyre change soon and if I can get them at a good price will be considering Michelin.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
santa

Post by santa »

HouseSpider wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:40 pm Thanks.
I'm wondering a tyre change soon and if I can get them at a good price will be considering Michelin.
I'm going with Michelin aswell, when I have to buy new summer tyres soon.
But I'm changing size and going for 225/45-18 as it's cheaper and the newer primacy 4.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I know it's only a small difference but won't a reduced side wall negatively affect the ride especially over bad road surfaces?
santa

Post by santa »

HouseSpider wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:14 am I know it's only a small difference but won't a reduced side wall negatively affect the ride especially over bad road surfaces?
Maybe a bit, but since it's also wider, the sidewall height should be pretty much the same.
And the tyre itself also affects the rude quality and I'm not that impressed with the orig. Toyo tyres.

Plus the new Primacy 4 should be quiter, more fuel effecient and overall better.

I'll let you know if my car starts bumping around when I buy them :D ;)
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.