Gearbox a little clunky

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Why put up with the mechanical crudity of a manual gearbox and friction clutch, when Mazda's 6 speed torque converter automatic is one of the best in the business? Give your left foot a rest and enter the 21st century. You will never want to go back to a manual.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.

BRY

Post by BRY »

Yes I agree excellent gearbox I would never go back to Manual gearbox
Cx-3 SE-L Navigation Auto petrol eternal blue 2019
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I agree, that for an automatic gearbox, it does the job very well. However I would go back to a manual box if I didn't have my manual MX5. I find the auto keeps you too remote from what the car is doing. I just enjoy the more positive feel you get from a manual box which can't be replaced by an auto. I guess we all have our own preferences.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
The Cap'n

Post by The Cap'n »

I wouldn't say it's "chunky" but I do get what you mean about the feedback. I for one prefer this when changing gears as it makes each gear change feel that much more decisive
pallydally

Post by pallydally »

Have a 2015 CX3 auto. 25K miles. Gearbox bearings failing and can't just replace those so needs new gearbox casing etc........ Mazda are you listening????????
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

pallydally wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:20 pm ... Mazda are you listening????????
No, not to these forums. Claim on your extended warranty. If you haven't got one, ask a dealer to raise a goodwill claim with Mazda.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd