Services Cost

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
jean_louis

Post by jean_louis »

Hey there, I am approaching my 2nd year and my local dealership (Milton Keynes) have prompted me via email of this. I quote:

"We can carry out a 2nd year service on your vehicle for £319.00. This includes VAT, labour and parts"

That to me feels very expensive as I remember my 1st year service was about £200ish.

Please advise :)

zoylander

Post by zoylander »

This subject has come up several times before, and yes, £319.00 seems expensive.
I took out a 3 year Service Plan with Eden Mazda, Taunton. Total cost £560.70.

The third service is due in July, when I will consider whether to extend the Service Plan and/or the warranty.
A 3 year warranty is not exactly class leading these days. 5 years is becoming increasingly common elsewhere.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

The 2nd year service will be more expensive than the first one as there are more inspection checks done, some tightening bolts action plus the brake fluid replacement. I believe mine would have been just over £300 last year if I didn't have a 3yr service plan. If you have another Mazda dealer within a reasonable distance you could try to get a quote from them and then ask your local dealer to price match or beat it.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
steve67

Post by steve67 »

shop around/ price match
our cx3 is having its first service next week, local dealer originally wanted £190 after a quick look on the net i found it £50 cheaper 20 miles away, got my dealer to match it.
as for 2nd service, my cx3 will be gone by then...
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
jean_louis

Post by jean_louis »

steve67 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:02 am shop around/ price match
our cx3 is having its first service next week, local dealer originally wanted £190 after a quick look on the net i found it £50 cheaper 20 miles away, got my dealer to match it.
How did you search online? In my experience, dealerships don't tend to post their prices online?
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Have a read of this topic: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1244

Go to https://www.mazda.co.uk/forms/find-a-dealer/ and enter Milton Keynes to get a list of local dealers and their contact details. Make a few phone calls to ask what they would charge for a standard 2nd year service.

The scheduled maintenance section of the Owner's Manual shows what should be carried out for each service interval.

The majority of the cost will be the hourly labour rate.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

jean_louis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:45 pm
How did you search online? In my experience, dealerships don't tend to post their prices online?

Yes they do. Go to the web site of your local dealer and navigate via Mazda Aftersales / Book a service amd enter your detials.

I found a 34% difference between two nearby dealers for a year 5 / 62500 mile service
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Getting rid of your CX-3? Why?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

HouseSpider wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:07 pm
Getting rid of your CX-3? Why?
:D .. not saying our next car will not be a cx3 or mazda, we only keep our cars for 2 years, we use the pcp to upgrade and swap around, right place right time right deal, the cx3 is our 3rd mazda and my wife loves the car apart from the large wing mirrors which obscure views at roundabouts. i only drive the car once or twice a month, but i like the car and looking at the new cx30 when it lands...must admit over the 35yrs of cars we have had, the mazda have been one of the best marques...
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
steve67

Post by steve67 »

well, just had the first service done at Beechwood Derby,
we go to them as they are local and collect and deliver the car back to my wife's place of work foc.
i asked them to price match another garage at £148 ,

when i came to paying over the phone, they said to my wife 'its £207 as they adjusted the tracking as it was out by a large amount and that this had been authorised..my wife questioned and paid. she then called me asking about the tracking. myself nor my wife had authorised the extra work at £57, so i was straight on the phone, after a conversation they admitted they were wrong and refund is on its way..

normally Beechwood in the past are good but feel a bit let down and not a trusting now....