Forum members air con experience

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

Evening all.

I’m asking for as much feedback as possible please. We’ve had our CX3 3months now and in that time it’s been back to the dealers five times and I’m beginning to get to the end of my tether.

So far we have had the condenser replaced, then the evaporator and finally the auto logic control unit as we had the common problem of hardly any air blowing except when temp set at 15 degrees. (After this, another visit as the incompetent dealer didn’t connect all the pipe work so we had water running in to the footwell)

Took car back today as auto control still not functioning properly. The senior technician took a look at it and told us it was how “the Mazda system works” and as if to prove it showed me another CX3 they had on the forecourt which did the same.

Personally I think this is a load of b*****ks and told him so but he was adamant that’s how it is.

As I’m so fed up with the whole issue I’ve written to Mazda.Europe to see what their response is but it will help my argument with them if your CX3’s do not suffer this.

So, fellow forum members, how does your air con work when set to auto, is it all or nothing from the blower?
2016 Soul Red Sport Nav. Manual petrol.

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I wasn't aware of this being a common problem. I am on my second CX-3 and the air con worked fine on both. With both the fan and air outlets set to auto, and the air con switched on, the fan speed should vary depending on the selected temperature. The fan will never blow at its maximum airflow unless you turn the temperature to its minimum setting of 15 degrees, at which stage you would have overidden any automatic operation.
Apart from at the minimum setting the airflow should ramp up and down to try and maintain the set point temperature you have selected. Does everything work okay and do you get adequate cooling if you set the airflow and outlet vents to manual?
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
p6nsh

Post by p6nsh »

I am also on my 2nd cx3 I have had no problems with a/c on both cars. I leave it set to auto all the time summer and winter.I always leave a/c on so the seals do not dry out.
Machine Grey Sport Nav+ 150ps AWD Auto with safety Pack
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

My A/C only seems to blow at max when the temp is set to max or min, or when set to demist the front windscreen. The rest of the time when it is set to auto the speed varies only a little depending on the differential between the desired temperature set and the current temperature in the cabin. However, whilst it does the job, it is normally not noticable unless the airflow is directed at the hands on the steering wheel.
If you don't like the auto setting use the controls to set the fan speed and direction you desire.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

Thanks all. Our fan speed on auto never varies so it is definitely faulty. I’ve had lots of cars with auto air con/ climate control and never had an issue like this so as I suspected the technician was spinning me a yarn. Last week on a sunny day we put a thermometer in the car before we got in. It read 33 degrees. After 30 minutes with the temp set at 18 the car interior was still 25 and the blowers were barely blowing.

At least Mazda Europe are offering a free 1 hour check at another dealers (should be free anyway because all this was notified to local dealer within warranty period so should be free anyway)
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

33 degrees inside a car in LEEDS :o That must be some sort of record! Are you sure it wasn't set on heating? :D
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
steve67

Post by steve67 »

wer'e on our 3rd mazda... x2 mazda2 and our current cx3, we had a condenser fail on the first 2 but were part exing it for another mazda2 so never had it replaced,. in all - the auto is auto and adjusts the fan speed depending on the temp. the ac comes on when the vent is set to window.
hope this helps
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

Strangways. Front of the house a lovely sun trap. Not all grim “up North” you know !!!
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Sound like the temperature sensors could be at fault possibly? - wherever they are?? You could get every part of the A/C changed but if the sensors are faulty nothing will work correctly!

Had similar problem in a Golf, heater blowing cold air in the depths of winter - faulty sensor in the passenger foot-well somewhere.

My CX-3 A/C on Auto behaves the same as everyone else's - depending on how hot/cold the car is determines fan speed - At 33 deg's on initial engine startup I would expect the fan to be on full speed for a fair amount of time until the set temp is reached!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

AndyRen wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:56 am ...wherever they are??..
If you look to the left & just below the steering column there is a little rectangular grill in the trim, the interior temperature sensor is behind that. There is also a sunlight sensor in the top of the dashboard close to the windscreen.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd