Brake pad warning.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Rees71

Post by Rees71 »

Hi.

I have a 2016 CX3. I think my brake pads could be due for replacement soon. Would I get a warning on my dashboard for warn brake pads? I can't see anything in the owners manual. Thanks

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

No, there is no warning light. They can start to squeal if they get low. Various places like Kwik Fit and Halfords do free brake checks.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

What mileage and do you know the history of the vehicle as depending on these factors depends on brake pad wear.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Four years on the same brake pads is great.
If it was me--I would get an inspection at a trusted "garage" and immediately change what needs to be done.
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

If the car is serviced by a Mazda dealer, the Vehicle Health Check report will show the brake pad depth remaining, in mm.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

zoylander wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:01 pm If the car is serviced by a Mazda dealer, the Vehicle Health Check report will show the brake pad depth remaining, in mm.
But from my experience the info on the health check is not always accurate or misleading.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Mazdaman72

Post by Mazdaman72 »

Please be carefull about leaving them to long I had a 2006 Mazda 6 which I loved but didn't do much millage it flew through mots every year but one day had to do emergency stop and they didn't work as intended, the pads had gone hard and glazed no more Mazda 6 it was a right off.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Rees71 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:13 am Hi.

I have a 2016 CX3. I think my brake pads could be due for replacement soon. Would I get a warning on my dashboard for warn brake pads? I can't see anything in the owners manual. Thanks
Hi Rees, welcome to the forum. If you look at the extract from the 2015 Owners Manual below, you'll find there's an audible screech from the pad wear indicator when your pads get to the point they MUST be changed. I personally wouldn't let them get that low before having mine changed but each to their own.

NB: As you are a new member to the forum, can I point you to this post about adding your car spec and location to assist other members when answering any questions you might raise - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=808

Mazda CX-3 Brake pad wear indicator screech.pdf
(26.4 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Is there an actual wear indicator??? - or is it just the pad backing plate grinding on the disc. ie metal on metal! :shock:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
The Cap'n

Post by The Cap'n »

I'd just like to reiterate what has been said above really. If you have a suspicion, then your best bet would definitely be to go and get a free brake test at your local Kiwk fit or wherever else offers them near you. This will give you a better idea than waiting for them to start making noise or waiting for them to prove to you that they are due for replacement.

Always better to stay one step ahead and stay on the safe side :)