Front dash vents done stay put.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Doug

Post by Doug »

I find it impossible to set the dash vents in any position and have then stay there. The vehicle is a couple of months old so would have expected them to stay put. Any quick fixes or am I going to be bitching at the dealer?
June 2019, CX3 Takami , Soul red crystal metallic, Automatic 2WD 2Ltr petrol.

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Doug, I'm not sure what you mean. As you drive do they move side to side or up and down as you are driving?
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Doug

Post by Doug »

They slowly work their way down every time they are left up. No friction or resistance to their movement. I can only defrost the door cards not the windows unless I hold them in place. I had the same problem with a 1999 MX5 but that had more than a few months on it. The chances are it will be flicked off for the CX30 when it arrives, one has been provisionally ordered.
June 2019, CX3 Takami , Soul red crystal metallic, Automatic 2WD 2Ltr petrol.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Doug wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:33 am They slowly work their way down every time they are left up. No friction or resistance to their movement. I can only defrost the door cards not the windows unless I hold them in place. I had the same problem with a 1999 MX5 but that had more than a few months on it. The chances are it will be flicked off for the CX30 when it arrives, one has been provisionally ordered.
Warranty issue as they should not do that.

Mine haven't moved after 18 months
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Whether or not the vents move out of position, they are set far too low in the stupidly sloping dash, making it difficult to direct cool air to face level where it is most needed. It does not take long to discover that the CX-3 interior is a triumph of style over practicality.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

zoylander wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:50 am Whether or not the vents move out of position, they are set far too low in the stupidly sloping dash, making it difficult to direct cool air to face level where it is most needed. It does not take long to discover that the CX-3 interior is a triumph of style over practicality.
Rubbish, unless you sit on bag-seat ;)
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.