Car dehumidifier

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Well it's that time of year...certainly for those of us up north.

Although the CX-3 or at least mine dosen't suffer too badly with condensation the wife's MX5 is awful in autum and winter.

I am going to try a thomar air dry dehumidifer this year and was wondering what if any products do you use to help reduce condensation and if any of them work.

I have heard cat litter is good but do you really want that in your car.(Also i don't have a cat)

Mark

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Is your wifes MX-5 garaged or is it left outside under or near a tree? And is it a soft top?
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Strangways wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:44 am Is your wifes MX-5 garaged or is it left outside under or near a tree? And is it a soft top?
No it's the folding hard top but it is left outside...there are no leaks or water coming in and the common leak behind scuttle has been fixed.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I wasn't actually thinking about water from the scuttle at the front. I have a soft top and sometimes the rear drains get blocked and if it's left out in the rain the water comes in behind the seats and you don't realise it.
I have tried using dehumidifiers in the past, but never found one that I've been happy with.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED