Sun visors

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

Evening all. I wonder whether other forum members have this problem. Drove my partners CX3 today but every time I put the sun visor down it knocked the rear view mirror. Only way to avoid this was to move the mirror so that I could only see through half the rear window. I tried pushing the dimmer switch down but the visor still caught.

I’m 6’2” so have the seat well back but surely irrespective of where the seat is positioned the visor should pass the mirror?

Does anyone know if the mirror arm from the “black box” on the windscreen moves? It seemed quite firm to me and I didn’t want to break it off whilst driving!!!

Another strange thing was the speedo always showed 1 mph above the mph set on cruise control. This car certainly has some foibles!
2016 Soul Red Sport Nav. Manual petrol.

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

It is possible to move the mirror sideways so it will miss the sun visors when they are pulled down. Check out the answers on these threads :-

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=979&p=4956&hilit=sun+visor#p4956

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=152&p=762&hilit=sun+visor#p762
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
switchback

Post by switchback »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:33 pm It is possible to move the mirror sideways so it will miss the sun visors when they are pulled down. Check out the answers on these threads :-

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=979&p=4956&hilit=sun+visor#p4956

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=152&p=762&hilit=sun+visor#p762
I've been unclipping the end of the visor to get the correct angle for the last year because of this "issue". Now fixed :D I did wonder how Mazda had got it so wrong :lol: .
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Stedmeister wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:16 pm
Another strange thing was the speedo always showed 1 mph above the mph set on cruise control. This car certainly has some foibles!
Yes, there always seems to be a 1 mph difference between the two.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

Thanks st3v3cx-3. Only just round to looking at this and the arm did move. Was a little bit reluctant to try to move it when I was driving but at least now I know it’s not some bad design!!
2016 Soul Red Sport Nav. Manual petrol.