Radio versus Sat Nav.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

Am I missing something? On my journey home today, I had the Sat Nav on to bring me home, but when I went to put the radio on, it wouldn't switch it on. Is it because you cant mess with the Sat Nav whilst moving? Ive looked in the manual but cant find any reference to the problem.
Thanks.
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual

Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

The touch screen is disabled whilst in motion

You need to use voice control or the control wheel by the handbrake
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

If you have an early system one can turn this annoyance off using code 11, this will let you use the system when moving.
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

The car is 1 year old on the 30th of October so presumably, its not one with an early system. I wasn't using the screen, I was using the control wheel and it wouldn't work. I'll have to try voice control if I can figure out how to do that!
Thanks for your advice.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I've never come across that problem. Presumably a one-off glitch in the system. Try again and see what happens.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Beezageoff wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:07 pm The car is 1 year old on the 30th of October so presumably, its not one with an early system. I wasn't using the screen, I was using the control wheel and it wouldn't work. I'll have to try voice control if I can figure out how to do that!
Thanks for your advice.

I downloaded this information a year or so ago. Probably find they still work on newer cars. Otherwise there's a list on this Mazda site https://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com ... uage=en-EU
Mazda Global Voice Commands.pdf
(907.51 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

Thanks for all your advice. The cars going in for its first service next week, so I'll let them sort it out.
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

The problem seems to have righted itself. I mentioned it to the Mazda Dealer when it went in today and they found nothing wrong and couldn't explain the glitch. Maybe I was driving past a hush hush government plant that affected it. There used to be one such place in North Norfolk that had the effect of turning your car engine off sometimes when you were driving past!!! :roll: