New car from outside my dealers own stock. Questions to ask.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Habu

Post by Habu »

My local Mazda dealer can get me (actually, my wife) a brand new CX-3 Sport Nav+ auto with stone leather and safety pack in Soul Red but it's from another dealer outside my local's network. At this moment in time I don't know anything about the car, such as how long has he had it, is it a showroom car or has it been used for demos albeit on trade plates. I am going to clarify these points tomorrow but is there anything I should be asking for? I've had many new cars and most have been factory orders or available from my dealers new stock so getting a car from another dealers stock makes me slightly uncomfortable.

However, the deal on the new Soul Red CX-3 is very good especially with Mazda's current sale on new cars so it would be shame not to take the offer.

Cheers

Habu
Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.

Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

Assuming it is new and un-registered, I cant see why on earth the dealer it comes from makes any difference.

The key phrase you used in “from stock”...
Habu

Post by Habu »

Thanks. Yes, the correct wording I will be using is unregistered and new. I'd want it transporting to my dealer too and definitely not driving there.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

My mother wanted a certain colour(same as mine) and the only new car in stock was in Hull and she ordered it from Perry's Blackburn.

I insisted on the pre purchase contract that the deposit would be refunded if the vehicle was not as described.

It turned up from Hull on a transporter as we were at the dealer and was as described.

A few cautious checks and get the dealer to confirm in writing and everything will be fine.

Mark
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

To get the colour and specification I wanted, Eden Mazda Taunton had to source mine from elsewhere, but it must have been delivered to them by transporter as their pre-delivery check showed only five miles recorded.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Habu

Post by Habu »

Well, the car has been confirmed as new, unregistered, not showroom and delivery miles only so it’s on...
Car will be transported to my local Mazda dealership later this week for collection next week. 2019 automatic CX-3 Sport Nav+ in Soul Red, safety pack, stone leather and Apple CarPlay & AA. I’m guessing the main changes over the wife’s 2017 manual Sport Nav+ with stone leather, safety pack and Apple CarPlay will be front parking sensors and electric handbrake / auto hold plus different rims, bit of bright work trim on the front bumper and different tail lighting. Anything else? Improvements to NVH?
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Habu wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:34 am Well, the car has been confirmed as new, unregistered, not showroom and delivery miles only so it’s on...
Car will be transported to my local Mazda dealership later this week for collection next week. 2019 automatic CX-3 Sport Nav+ in Soul Red, safety pack, stone leather and Apple CarPlay & AA. I’m guessing the main changes over the wife’s 2017 manual Sport Nav+ with stone leather, safety pack and Apple CarPlay will be front parking sensors and electric handbrake / auto hold plus different rims, bit of bright work trim on the front bumper and different tail lighting. Anything else? Improvements to NVH?
The suspension is a major improvement. But my favourite is the heated steering wheel :D
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

At least you have the stone leather as the interior is disappointing in the newer car as the red leather and red inserts have gone replaced by more dull boring grey/black.
Habu

Post by Habu »

Yes, we like the stone leather in the current CX-3 as it includes a stone leather strip across the dash on the passengers side (which lifts the interior) plus you get electric drivers seat and 2 setting memory which includes the HUDs setting too. The memory is very useful as we both drive her car. Nice that the HUD position moves.
switchback

Post by switchback »

The leather seats are also more supportive in the lumbar region than the cloth/half leather ones.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.