uncomfortable front seat

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Elizabethannie1234

Post by Elizabethannie1234 »

My cx3 is almost one year old. I just wish the driving seat was more comfortable Is this usual> it feels like I am sitting on pebbles

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

My 2016 model feels fine - although lumbar area could do with a bit more padding. Can I suggest you sit in another at a dealers perhaps?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

No issues with mine done 300 plus miles in one journey and no aches or pains on arrival
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I find mine reasonably comfortable, I certainly don't have the problems you describe. As Andy says, maybe you should try one out at a dealers.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

My CX3 is one year old tomorrow and I cant say that Ive had any problems with seat comfort either on local or long journeys.
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual
switchback

Post by switchback »

Poor lumbar support for me.............MUCH better with the full leather seats though, I wish I'd got them........
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Have you tried playing around with all the seat/height etc positions? I found that sitting a little "too low" with the wrong incline was seriously uncomfy. I played around with the adjusters, set the seat and got it sorted.
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
TEB

Post by TEB »

Sadly starting to find this on longer trips after just a week of ownership, which is very very annoying, as I'm really enjoying driving this car in every other respect, one of the best cars I've driven on the windy twisty and uneven country lanes which predominate round here.

Think for me the issue is the very firm side bolsters of the sport seats which I'm finding are digging in to the backs of my legs.

After the issues with the i-eloop prior to delivery and now seat comfort I'm getting a feeling owning a CX3 is not meant to be despite hankering after one for quite a while.
Last edited by TEB on Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2018/68 CX-3 150ps AWD Sport Nav +, Machine Grey, Manual
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Another issue with the drivers seat adjustment is ensuring that that your comfort settings allow you full visibility of the digital speed monitor.
I have just about sorted mine in relation to comfort and correct visibility-but it’s only a “just about” and not ideal. Am wondering if a thin cushion might improve things. Luckily I don’t do much long distance driving .
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
TEB

Post by TEB »

Well found a thick blanket placed just on the centre section of the seat but not over the bolsters works for short journeys at least.

Also been to the dealer and had a long test drive in a Mazda2, Mazda3 and CX30 and found the Mazda2 is the only one of the three with soft side bolsters, whereas the other two have very unforgiving side bolsters which as with the CX3 dig in to the backs of my legs.

Now contemplating if I can either fit a seat cushion and cover from a Mazda2 to my existing chair, as the Mazda2 appears to have the same seat frame, or acquire a whole Mazda2 seat from a breakers and fit that, otherwise I'm going to have to sadly replace the car.
2018/68 CX-3 150ps AWD Sport Nav +, Machine Grey, Manual