4th year \ 50K service

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Following all the excellent posts on this discussion has got me thinking-- MOT. I presume your £144 costs did not include the second MOT test charge due after four years?
Assuming the garage is due to carry out the MOT (perhaps not?) that would have hoisted up the final maintenance bill ,especially if there had been work needed for the vehicle to pass or even essential advisables that shouldn't be ignored?
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018

Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

I’m still keen to know exactly what was changed for £144....
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

I had the MOT done at a local garage a month before it was due, many garages do MOTs but not all do Mazda servicing, I had one advisory which is the indicator in the N\S door mirror I have ordered one from Winkywonkyland for £8 ish and I will fit it my self (I was quoted £354.72 by Ashford Orbital).. If you read my original post it was for a service only.. I also because I thought it was time to replace them replaced the front wipers for £11.93 - these I bought from eBay.. not everything has to be done at service time one can do running repairs if it is within one's remit..
Last edited by Deleted User 1096 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

They've got good reviews on tinterweb
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 1511

But what did they service?
- presumably oil and oil filter change but what else?

Brake fluid?
Pollen filter?
Software updates?
Mazda approved anti perforation checks?
Possible replacement if the tyre repair kit

The price comparison is only meaningful if the prices coverd the same work
Deleted User 1096

This not a price comparison test it is a statement I asked for a 4yr \ 50k service and paid the price - if you wish to compare to what you pay why not ask.. Brakes - had new pads etc earlier in the year \ ditto pollen filter \ software updates - have my own \ anti perforation checks - ha \ don't carry the tyre kit - nfg - but all of this can be done by the garage if you want it, sometimes you pay for it and do not get it - the technicians get paid on what they save on..
Deleted User 1511

It is a comparison - I refer you to your opening post where you boast about how much you “saved”

You could have saved money by asking your main dealer to not do the same things

Never mind - you are happy with your part service and home maintenance do all is goid
Deleted User 1096

CX3fan wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:40 am It is a comparison - I refer you to your opening post where you boast about how much you “saved”

You could have saved money by asking your main dealer to not do the same things

Never mind - you are happy with your part service and home maintenance do all is goid
I did not ask this garage and maybe yes I could have asked the dealer - but I bet you the dealer would not have offered this option, it is not in their best interest to save you the customer money but to give their shareholders a return..
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

There is a practical point to be made about 4 years of average maintenance costs for a CX3, should anyone ever ask when buying or considering.

There will, or should be, 4 annual services, two MOT tests and taking the examples in this post, maybe an an indicator light, brakes shoes and some windscreen wipers.

What's the total cost of the above if done by Mazda?
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
Deleted User 1511

Surely MoT cost is irrelevant as it applies to any car over 2 years old and will vary depending on where you take it.

Brakes and wipers are consumables, not service items per se, the replacement of which will depend on use. In my last car, i covered 40k. miles in 42 months and the brake pads were less than 50% worn and the wipers still perfectly usable (partly as i cleaned them regularly).