Auto central locking

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

Evening all.
Prior to buying the CX3 my partner had a Mini and one thing she liked was that on driving away the car doors automatically locked.
Does anyone know if this facility can be added to the CX3? This would certainly help her feel safer in the car.
2016 Soul Red Sport Nav. Manual petrol.

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I've seen devices advertised that plug in to the OBD-II socket under the dash, but they have been described as being for the CX-5 not CX-3.
E.g: PORTABLE OBD CANBUS DOOR LOCK / SPEED LOCK CAR SAFETY DOOR LOCK & UNLOCK

If you do some Googling, you may find a CX-3 solution.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

Here is another one it states Nissan, but if you contact them they should be able to supply Mazda..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32816071088.html

If you scroll down you will find others that you may prefer, the American sites buy from here so why pay their mark up, if I could I would give you my walk away system on ours as we do not like it... When buying a used car you get things whether you want them or not, I discovered we had heated door mirrors last week..
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

I just hit the door lock button as I drive off...
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

CX3fan wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:21 am I just hit the door lock button as I drive off...
Keep in mind that the doors will not automatically unlock after a collision.
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
santa

Post by santa »

hsdejong wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:08 pm
CX3fan wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:21 am I just hit the door lock button as I drive off...
Actually they do unlock in an accident, depending on the severity of the accident and if there still is power from the battery.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

santa wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:39 pm
Actually they do unlock in an accident, depending on the severity of the accident and if there still is power from the battery.
Did you test it? ;-)
According to the Dutch Mazda importer, the doors will only be unlocked during an accident if your CX-3 is equipped with the auto lock function.
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
santa

Post by santa »

hsdejong wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:59 pm
santa wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:39 pm
Did you test it? ;-)
According to the Dutch Mazda importer, the doors will only be unlocked during an accident if your CX-3 is equipped with the auto lock function.
Ha ha....no I haven't tested it, I just read it in the manual, though that could be wrong.
This is from the english manual, page 3-11:
"(Door un lock (control) system with collision detection)
This systetn automatically unlocks the doors in the event the vehicle is involved in an accident to allow
passengers to get out of the vehicle immediately and prevent being trapped inside. While the ignition
is switched ON and in the event the vehicle receives an impact strong enough to inflate the air bags, all the doors are automatically unlocked after about 6 seconds have elapsed from the time of the accident.
The doors may not unlock depending on how an impact is applied, the force of the impact, and other
conditions of the accident.
If door-related systems or the battery is malfunctioning, the doors will not unlock."

As far as I can see, it doesn't mention the auto lock function, but I may have overlooked that.
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

santa wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:33 am This is from the english manual, page 3-11:
"(Door unlock (control) system with collision detection)
<cut>
As far as I can see, it doesn't mention the auto lock function, but I may have overlooked that.
In the English manual I read it as: "every car has a door unlock (control) system with collision detection"
However, in the Dutch manual it mentions "Some models" and the Dutch Mazda importer informed me that my model 2018 does not have it.

It's confusing...
santa

Post by santa »

hsdejong wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:25 am
santa wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:33 am This is from the english manual, page 3-11:
"(Door unlock (control) system with collision detection)
<cut>
In the English manual I read it as: "every car has a door unlock (control) system with collision detection"
However, in the Dutch manual it mentions "Some models" and the Dutch Mazda importer informed me that my model 2018 does not have it.

It's confusing...
It is confusing.
I just checked the Danish manual and it also mentions some models (via that little asterix *)....so maybe it's installed.....and maybe it's not ;)