Just picked up brand new car but...

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Habu

Post by Habu »

Traded in our 2017 Sport Nav with stone leather and safety pack to a brand new Sport Nav auto with stone leather and safety pack but, in adding Apple CarPlay the tech has marked the dash. It looks like he had used a metal tool to Jemmy out the trim behind the screen and caused 4 scuffs in the dash plus a small scratch on the dash in the same area. Naturally, I’m very annoyed and disappointed and the salesperson is obviously embarrassed and annoyed. Service manager and tech are about to get a rollicking. I don’t want the dash replacing - that’d be a whole world of scuffs and rattles - so the dealer is going to get a plastic restorer from their bodyshop to deal with them. Grrrr.
Other than that, and the need for me to properly clean the inside it’s a nice car and subtle changes and improvements over the 2017, especially the seats.
Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

That's annoying. The corners of the metal CMU (attached to the screen and that the electrical connections plug into) are sharp, so when removing/replacing the screen it's easy to scratch the dash surface if it's not protected with tape. Careful use of a smooth edged plastic trim removal tool is needed when it comes to prising out panels from the soft dash material. I hope they can do a restoration job for you.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

That is really bad, I hate to say it but trim restorer will not improve damage, it may well make it look slightly better for a while. I think you are totally correct re dash removal. However maybe your dealer can get in a smart repairer, they are really good and they can carry out virtually invisible repairs to plastics, hopefully in your case well worth asking. Hope it works out for you my eyes would be drawn to the damage everytime I get in the car.
Please post how you got on.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

How damn annoying! :cry: Good luck with the repair and let us know the result.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

If a Mazda trained technician can not do the job ..

Can you now not reject the car as it the damage was not part of your extras pack & if you were to exchange later with a dealer, they would over you less in part exchange because of the damage..

I would be fuming..
Habu

Post by Habu »

Witfit wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:40 pm If a Mazda trained technician can not do the job ..

Can you now not reject the car as it the damage was not part of your extras pack & if you were to exchange later with a dealer, they would over you less in part exchange because of the damage..

I would be fuming..
Trust me, we were. We’d even specifically laboured the point about CarPlay installation and was assured they’ve done a few so knew what they were doing. Yes, rejecting the car has now been proposed.
Habu

Post by Habu »

Car officially rejected and now reverting back to our 2017 Sport Nav. Massive shame as the 2019 CX-3 is a nice improvement over the 17 model. However, car dash was damaged during Apple CarPlay installation and it was not properly clean inside. Didn’t smell like a new car either, it smelt musty and of BO. Mazda UK confirmed it was built in June 2019.

Such a lot of hassle caused by one technician.

Like me, the salesperson is into car detailing so that made the whole situation worse. Such a real shame as my wife and I really liked the sales guy.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Bet the technician was popular, Best decision to reject the car, I guess the registration documents had not gone through as you reverted back to your old car. You say it was built in June so I guess it was not a factory order. What are your plans regarding a new car now.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

.. if you do not mind a slightly biffed dashboard there is one being offered at a good discount that matches the spec you were looking for..
Habu

Post by Habu »

DaveG wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:31 pm Bet the technician was popular, Best decision to reject the car, I guess the registration documents had not gone through as you reverted back to your old car. You say it was built in June so I guess it was not a factory order. What are your plans regarding a new car now.
We’re waiting to hear from the dealer once all the financial stuff is sorted. Until then we’re still in the 2019 car. Our 2017 is still at the dealer. The dealer principal is back tomorrow so he may have a different view. We need his sign off on the financial documents.

The 2019 wasn’t a factory order (unfortunately) as there was an unregistered one with another dealer with delivery miles.

Going forward we’ll either hang onto the 2017, look for another CX-3 with the right spec (almost unlikely) or wait to see a CX-30 in the flesh.