The end of the CX3?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

My son enquired about purchasing a new MX5 a couple of months ago but was told none were available as production had ceased. It was something to do with numbers of petrol vehicles produced and Mazda not having an electric model to offset production against. I assume this is a temporary situation as the current Mazda Stories magazine features the new spec for the 2020 MX5.

I assume this could be the same situation with the CX3 and production may resume again next year. Certainly hope so.
CX-3 Sport Black+, Eternal Blue, Petrol, Auto

hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

CX3fan wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:52 pm We have our CX3s, why should it matter if Mazda decide to replace it with a larger model?
Because I don't want a larger car and don't want to spend more money when I replace my CX-3 for a new one.
The CX-3 is the perfect choice for me.
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

hsdejong wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:36 am
CX3fan wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:52 pm We have our CX3s, why should it matter if Mazda decide to replace it with a larger model?
Because I don't want a larger car and don't want to spend more money when I replace my CX-3 for a new one.
The CX-3 is the perfect choice for me.
It's the perfect car for me too.
The majority of issues raised by people on here were remedied on the 2019 update.
Obviously the size remained the same, but I don't understand why people buy a car smaller than they need and then complain that it's too small.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Doug

Post by Doug »

I have come to the opinion that people that buy the CX3 and then complain about the size wash their steads too much causing shrinkage! My mate constantly complained until I asked him had he washed his CX3 lately to cause it to shrink from when he demonstrated it and purchased it. Strangely he no longer complains to me. I bought my second CX3 this year knowing it is too small for me, but it suits the wife and I have a CX30 on order. My only complaint is the stupid air vents that don't stay where they are put. If I go through with the CX30 then problem solved, but if I keep the CX3 then I will fix them myself.
June 2019, CX3 Takami , Soul red crystal metallic, Automatic 2WD 2Ltr petrol.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

Doug wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:56 pm I have come to the opinion that people that buy the CX3 and then complain about the size wash their steads too much causing shrinkage! My mate constantly complained until I asked him had he washed his CX3 lately to cause it to shrink from when he demonstrated it and purchased it. Strangely he no longer complains to me. I bought my second CX3 this year knowing it is too small for me, but it suits the wife and I have a CX30 on order. My only complaint is the stupid air vents that don't stay where they are put. If I go through with the CX30 then problem solved, but if I keep the CX3 then I will fix them myself.
What cx30 have you gone for?
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Doug

Post by Doug »

Right now information in NZ is vague of the CX30. As vague as any pricing levels and no model range has been announced yet. I'm guessing that there are likely to be 3 models initially and then a 4th will be added latter which will be the new engine and loaded with all manner of driving aids and sun roof.
The one big advantage that I get with the CX3 is the "real " auto gearbox. The dealers are telling me the waiting list is growing but as I seem to be one of very few who have bought the top model it is unlikely that over ordering will happen for the top model. I have also considered the CX5 but it is just too big according to my better half, so that is a none starter, only around 8 inches longer! She will be taking over driving duties as my health slips away and I become the second handbrake to any vehicle I'm in! The more driving aids the better for her.
The Toyota c-hr hybrid arrived yesterday and I had a look over it. Essentially it is about the size the CX30 will be in length and trunk space. The price will also be around the price of the CX30 limited model. Don't like the cvt "auto" as it cannot hold the down hill speed and a tow hitch is not allowed. Upside it has the 1.8 motor it should have had here in the regular C-HR.
So if the the top model is bought into NZ I'm a likely starter, but if the CX30 doesn't live up to my expectations maybe not. It needs to have at least the equipment level I currently enjoy in the CX3 or more. It is also possible that the limited model which is likely to be the top model at launch date can satisfy me/us, but until they actually arrive who knows.
I'm enjoying the CX3 model I have now more than the earlier model I had before. Obviously if we cut down on the amount of grocery shopping we do at any one time then the trunk space becomes more friendly and the air vents can get fixed into the position I require.
Cheers
June 2019, CX3 Takami , Soul red crystal metallic, Automatic 2WD 2Ltr petrol.
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

I looked at the CHR beforebuying the CX3 with the same drivetrain as yours,UK top spec model but without our safety pack TSR BSM etc. Drove the 1.2 turbo and 1.8 hybrid CHR and both felt underpowered. Toyotahave recenyly put tne 2.0unitin the hybrid whic looks useful but still has the cvt box, a negative for me.
Couple of months ago, was offered a deal I couldnt refuse and now have a Mazda 3 Sportlux 2.0 skyactive G auto, mid spec car. Re UK spec cars would only have gained surround cameras, leather, Bosesound, uprated follow the car infront tech by moving up 1 or to top of the range.
The CX30 is basically a jacked up 3. Vastly superior to the CX3 and I would say the CHR. Press reports in UK aresayinging quality is up there with A class Mercs
Have a look at the 30 to 40 minute video reviews on Autogefuehl on youtube for the 3 and cx30 in both skyactiive G and X form. They also have the CHR 2.0hybrid on there..
Hope this helps
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
steve67

Post by steve67 »

im test driving the g and x engine in the cx30 next week so i'll report back on what ive ordered or not ordered :)
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Habu

Post by Habu »

steve67 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:15 am im test driving the g and x engine in the cx30 next week so i'll report back on what ive ordered or not ordered :)
I’m test driving the G auto on Saturday 21 December but dealer also has X (probably manual) for test drives. I think they’re GT Sport Tech trims. Ideally, so long as the wife likes it, it would be a GT Sport auto with X engine and stone leather or GT Sport Tech auto with G engine.
Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

Habu wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:35 pm
steve67 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:15 am im test driving the g and x engine in the cx30 next week so i'll report back on what ive ordered or not ordered :)
I’m test driving the G auto on Saturday 21 December but dealer also has X (probably manual) for test drives. I think they’re GT Sport Tech trims. Ideally, so long as the wife likes it, it would be a GT Sport auto with X engine and stone leather or GT Sport Tech auto with G engine.
simular story here, :)