The end of the CX3?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
AJESSEX

Post by AJESSEX »

The only reason I bought my CX3 is because it is AWD,petrol,small and good value.This is not our main car.
Unless I have missed something,the AWD CX30 with GT trim starts north of £31k. Even with a 10% discount it’s way more than I paid for my CX3 last November. The new engine appears to be very little better than my car which is ok for what it’s used for and in its first year has averaged 43 mpg.
As I said before,at that price it is knocking on the door of many pre reg cars which would not normally compete with this market.
The CX3 has been confirmed for other markets,albeit with a reduced model lineup.I hope Mazda realise that there are buyers who will not be hoodwinked into a slightly different model with consequent increase in price.
A stock CX5 looks good value against the CX30 if you don’t mind the bigger body and until the inevitable bigger discounts arrive on the 30.
2018 CX3 Sport Nav+ petrol AWD.
Jet Black.

Lincolnshire Wolds.

switchback

Post by switchback »

A big mistake by Mazda in my opinion..................Not everyone wants or needs a bigger car especially if you end up paying big money for a car you don't need. Way too much plastic cladding on it as well. The reason I didn't get a Soul Red CX3 was because it showed up the grey plastic too much compared to the Machine Grey.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
Spragclutch

Post by Spragclutch »

I think that if roles were reversed and Mazda were actually bringing out a compact version of the CX-30 (let's call it the CX-3) then everyone would want one, especially if you could get a Sport Nav+ Auto in Machine Grey for under £20k - what a bargain 8-) And, yes, you can still get them at that price, less if you'll take a white one.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Popped in to Hendy Mazda yesterday to look at the CX-30. It was side by side with a CX-3, both in Soul Red.
I agreed the CX-30 has too much plain black plastic trim, more than the CX-3. At least the CX-3 has the chrome along the bottom of the doors which definitely makes it less noticeable.
In my opinion the CX-3 also looked no smaller on the outside, from a side on perspective anyway.
The inside of the CX-30 was nice though. I'd like to see if they do the stone leather.
The salesman commented on the Skyactive X engine saying you'd only really notice the difference screaming the engine at 6000rpm on the motorway.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Habu

Post by Habu »

HouseSpider wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:49 am Popped in to Hendy Mazda yesterday to look at the CX-30. It was side by side with a CX-3, both in Soul Red.
I agreed the CX-30 has too much plain black plastic trim, more than the CX-3. At least the CX-3 has the chrome along the bottom of the doors which definitely makes it less noticeable.
In my opinion the CX-3 also looked no smaller on the outside, from a side on perspective anyway.
The inside of the CX-30 was nice though. I'd like to see if they do the stone leather.
The salesman commented on the Skyactive X engine saying you'd only really notice the difference screaming the engine at 6000rpm on the motorway.
Stone leather is a £200 option on the X versions only. I would have preferred stone leather to the black in the CX-30 I’ve just bought for my wife (she has stone leather in her CX-3) but my budget was better spent getting the G auto in GT Sport Tech trim than, say, an X auto in ‘just’ GT Sport trim.

Regards

Habu
Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Alot of people are saying they would rather have a CX-3 rather than the CX-30. Why then change? If you are happy with the CX-3, and have low mileage that alot of you seem to drive, then keep it. I've done 65k miles with only the steering wheel changed due to peeling. I don't need to keep changing my car until it starts to go wrong, as per my last car at 120k. I don't need a current new plate on the drive as a status symbol.
Save your money, drive your preferred CX-3 & spend your money on other comforts like holidays. Most of you don't spend enough time in your car to warrant such expense.
8-)
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
AJESSEX

Post by AJESSEX »

Each to their own.
I always change my cars before the warranty expires.Nothing to do with new number plate .
All of our cars are used regularly to suit the day etc.
I do not intend to change my CX3 at the moment but neither do I want a car which may drop quicker than normal if it becomes discontinued.Therefore,I will monitor the situation via my pals in the motor trade.
Still hoping Mazda will continue the CX3 as it is very popular and now looking great value against the 30.
2018 CX3 Sport Nav+ petrol AWD.
Jet Black.

Lincolnshire Wolds.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

HouseSpider wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:15 am Alot of people are saying they would rather have a CX-3 rather than the CX-30. Why then change? If you are happy with the CX-3, and have low mileage that alot of you seem to drive, then keep it. I've done 65k miles with only the steering wheel changed due to peeling. I don't need to keep changing my car until it starts to go wrong, as per my last car at 120k. I don't need a current new plate on the drive as a status symbol.
Save your money, drive your preferred CX-3 & spend your money on other comforts like holidays. Most of you don't spend enough time in your car to warrant such expense.
8-)
I agree. I normally keep a car for 7 or 8 Years. When I change I buy the new car for cash and then sell the old one privately.
The latest number plates are not an issue as I have a valuable dateless registration which our family cars have worn since 1952.
Why all the fuss about the plastic exterior trim on the CX-30? You cannot see it when you are driving, only when you park.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
santa

Post by santa »

I Wonder if it's only in the UK that Mazda is dropping the CX-3?
I can't find any information regarding a complete drop of the CX-3 from Mazda. Not on the Danish website nor the German.
Mazda themselves said that the CX-30 would slip in bewteen the CX-3 and the CX-5 and the CX-3 is still one of Mazdas biggest sellers in Europe.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

[post removed - duplicate of information provided by another forum member earlier]
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016