Rear Bumper replacement

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

Sensors do not detect anything above bumper height either, just damaged rear door on lift which protruded from rear of van above bumper height. Sensors were below the lift.
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.

Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

Ref the position of the rear sensors. If you look at the photo of my (black) CX3, you will see that the farthest sensor is situated right in the middle of the dummy fog light and the reflector. If you look at the picture of your (red) CX3, the farthest sensor is placed right at the end of the fog light/reflector. So yes, mine is different. Apparantly, these bumpers dont come predrilled, according to the body shop I took the car to, so its really the luck of the draw. If mine had been placed like yours, I might just have got away with it!!!!! :cry:
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

You would have thought that because the rear sensors are factory fitted they would be in exactly the same place on every car, thats the idea of a production line.

Strange.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

mum@mazda wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:09 pm You would have thought that because the rear sensors are factory fitted they would be in exactly the same place on every car, thats the idea of a production line.

Strange.
Agreed.... Strange indeed, unless other markets don't have them fitted??
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

According to the official Mazda UK parts catalogue, part number DHYK5022X BB is the rear bumper for parking sensors and part number DVY35022X BB without parking sensors.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

Maybe, when they introduced the revamp model in 2018, they decided to change the position of the sensors???
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual