Passenger wing mirror not fully closing

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

oualihar5 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:09 pm Sorry i am new to this forum. could not find how to post a question.
How does one switch on auto-folding mirrors to fold/unfold when you lock/unlock the doors.
Ouali
The rocker switch near the electric window assembly. You can put the switch in 3 positions, forward, flat and back (If this makes sense πŸ˜€), you need to use the flat position, this will close and open the mirrors when you lock/unlock the doors.
2017 SE-L-NAV ETERNAL BLUE

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Paul97 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:53 pm
oualihar5 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:09 pm Sorry i am new to this forum. could not find how to post a question.
How does one switch on auto-folding mirrors to fold/unfold when you lock/unlock the doors.
Ouali
The rocker switch near the electric window assembly. You can put the switch in 3 positions, forward, flat and back (If this makes sense πŸ˜€), you need to use the flat position, this will close and open the mirrors when you lock/unlock the doors.
On the older models (we don't know what you have) there are no auto folding mirrors, you have to turn the control knob round to the rear position to fold them back.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

I see some here saying that silicone as a lubricant is acceptable on plastics. Before this becomes this forum's 'Law' let me say - for some, it may be.

This guide suggests otherwise, and I quote from it; "Incompatible plastic-lubricant combinations often cause operating problems such as stress cracking or failure of the plastic component."

My experience raises questions about silicone based lubricants on plastic - especially nylon. I suggested PTFE spray as a lubricant for the gearing and NOT as as a water displacing medium for connectors.

I use a pressure washer monthly for snow foaming, washing rinsing and sealing. The prototype vehicle for our cars will have been tested in climate booths and subjected to monsoon rain conditions for hours on end. I pressure wash my engine bay. I can't see water being the culprit. Salt water? Maybe.

Water is a poor conductor so it can be ignored at the low voltages on a car electrical system. (But any electronics must be kept dry! There is a difference between electrics and electronics. People tend, erroneously, to lump them together.) Water, however, can corrode electrical connectors if the water contains electrolytes such as salt. So it makes sense to pressure wash your car thoroughly after road salt has been used in your area.

And to repeat an earlier post my near side mirror stuck on my 2015 AWD CX3, exercise under power corrected the problem.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.