Passenger wing mirror not fully closing

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Anyone had an update from Mazda re this has mine is doing the same.

Thanks

Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

Hope this is not a common problem as I need to fold my mirrors in so I can get my car in the garage 😩
2017 SE-L-NAV ETERNAL BLUE
TCVBLADE

Post by TCVBLADE »

Got it booked in for a diagnostic test on the 27th, it has started working again, even if its to do with weather conditions/low quality parts/poor design and is intermittent its not acceptable. I had a run out to York and and the thought of the wing mirror not opening for the return journey on the motorway was playing on my mind. Yeah my 3 year warranty ran 3 months ago but I don't expect something as fundamental was operational wing mirrors to fail for a very long time if at all. I spoke to my dealer again today to confirm a few things again the woman on reception said there had been a lot of complaints. Mazda have said get the diagnostics done then they'll look into a possible good will gesture.
CX-3, Sport Nav, 2.0l, Petrol, 66 plate.
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

Can't believe it, my drivers side mirror has a fault, it will not fully open when I open the door. I keep my car in the garage so don't think frost would be the cause, will have to get in touch with my local dealer.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Paul97 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:14 pm Can't believe it, my drivers side mirror has a fault, it will not fully open when I open the door. I keep my car in the garage so don't think frost would be the cause, will have to get in touch with my local dealer.
Since i booked mine into the dealer it hasn't happened again...it's not in till 2.1.20 so may cancel as my warranty is valid till Nov 20 if it happens again.
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

MJC1216 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:43 pm
Paul97 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:14 pm Can't believe it, my drivers side mirror has a fault, it will not fully open when I open the door. I keep my car in the garage so don't think frost would be the cause, will have to get in touch with my local dealer.
Since i booked mine into the dealer it hasn't happened again...it's not in till 2.1.20 so may cancel as my warranty is valid till Nov 20 if it happens again.
Good to hear, I'll keep an eye on it to see if it sorts itself out before I book it into the garage.
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

Be careful with silicone spray on plastics. Somehow the stuff manages to get inside the material and weaken it. I had nylon sliders in my windows which I had used silicone spray on, and one simply came apart, locking the window wide open.

I know the silicone was intended for the connectors but if anyone is minded to add lubrication to the gearing, PTFE spray from Screwfix or the like will do no harm squirted behind the mirror.

I have a 2015 Cx3 and found the same problem. I simply exercised mine and gave a helping push when it stuck. I concluded it was spiders eggs or even a juicy spider in the gears. I've had no trouble since
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

You can now get WD40 PTFE.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

Boyle de Cabbage wrote: ↑Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:49 am Be careful with silicone spray on plastics. Somehow the stuff manages to get inside the material and weaken it. I had nylon sliders in my windows which I had used silicone spray on, and one simply came apart, locking the window wide open.

I know the silicone was intended for the connectors but if anyone is minded to add lubrication to the gearing, PTFE spray from Screwfix or the like will do no harm squirted behind the mirror.

I have a 2015 Cx3 and found the same problem. I simply exercised mine and gave a helping push when it stuck. I concluded it was spiders eggs or even a juicy spider in the gears. I've had no trouble since
I have some PTFE spray so will try this tomorrow, thanks for the advice.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Boyle de Cabbage wrote: ↑Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:49 am Be careful with silicone spray on plastics. Somehow the stuff manages to get inside the material and weaken it. I had nylon sliders in my windows which I had used silicone spray on, and one simply came apart, locking the window wide open.

I Ummed n Arr'd about whether to get silicon or PTFE - I chose WD silicon (DOH!) now back to Screwfix again! But thanks for the heads up, I had read that the Halfords silicon spray had damaged customers plastics, but as I don't trust anything with the Halfords name on I assumed it was just the stuff they were producing and other 'proper' silicon spray would suffice.......... Think I'll just keep the silicon for the door rubbers etc.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...