devon/cornwall/somerset 2nd service prices

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
captaindave

Post by captaindave »

Hi all,

Been phoning around today as 2nd service due in January 20.

Heres the quotes i received:

Vospers Plymouth - 352

Central Garage Torquay - 311

Vospers Exeter - 347

County Mazda Barnstaple - 295

Vospers Truro - 344

Eden Taunton - 269

So from the bare prices, it still looks worthwhile to make a 140 mile round trip to Taunton !!
Could make a day of it i guess, although last time i was there ( for the races ) the town centre didnt make a brilliant impression ;)

Vaguely remember someone on here complimenting their service a while back as well...

Anyone used any of these places, or got any other suggestions ?

Ta
2018 CX3 SE-Nav Petrol, manual , Soul Red.

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Ask the dealer that's closest to you to price match the cheapest quote? (Assuming they're all quoting to do the same work).
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
captaindave

Post by captaindave »

Good idea jtonine, will try that... its a trek wherever I choose as nearest is about 20-25 miles.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

My CX-3 was supplied and has been serviced from new by Eden Mazda Taunton. I took out a 3 year Service Plan at £16.40 per month, so the first three services cost £197.88 each. The Mot at the third service was extra. I then extended the Service Plan for a further three years, and the cost fell to £15.63 per month equalling £187.56 per service. If I dispose of the car I simply cancel the monthly direct debit.

I have found the dealership helpful and thorough at all times, but it is located on an out of town business park, so I always reserve a courtesy car when booking a service. If shopping in Taunton does not appeal, there is a very nice garden centre about five miles away.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

I paid up front for the first three years servicing with the Mazda dealer in Gloucester when the first service was carried out last March, cost was £549. Sounds like a good deal looking at prices now being quoted.
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.
captaindave

Post by captaindave »

Cheers for further feedback !

We bought ours used, albeit less than a year old, cant remember any mention of service plans at dealer we bought from, they were even further away anyway ( Bristol ) although i realise some service plans are transferable...

Will see if the nearer dealers will pricematch as jtonline suggested.
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

zoylander wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:29 pm My CX-3 was supplied and has been serviced from new by Eden Mazda Taunton. I took out a 3 year Service Plan at £16.40 per month, so the first three services cost £197.88 each. The Mot at the third service was extra. I then extended the Service Plan for a further three years, and the cost fell to £15.63 per month equalling £187.56 per service. If I dispose of the car I simply cancel the monthly direct debit.

I have found the dealership helpful and thorough at all times, but it is located on an out of town business park, so I always reserve a courtesy car when booking a service. If shopping in Taunton does not appeal, there is a very nice garden centre about five miles away.
That's a remarkable deal - most dealers charge c£400 just for yr 4 and I was quoted £900 for years 4-6.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

My second service last month was £276 in North West just for your information.
captaindave

Post by captaindave »

Contacted one of the closest dealers, and they will price-match, as long as i have email quote from other dealer ( which i have now ).