Winter Service Package from only £36.40 ?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Winter Service Package from only £36.40

The joy of driving your Mazda comes with added peace of mind this winter.
At Hendy Mazda we understand the challenges the cold season brings for your vehicle, so Hendy Mazda’s Winter Health Service is designed to cover all the common causes of breakdown during the winter months.

As part of the Winter Service Package your car will receive a thorough inspection, covering everything from an antifreeze concentration check, a battery test, steering, suspension, brakes, checking the operation of the lights and performance of the wipers, servicing the engine by replacing the oil and filter and topping up all levels. We will also run a systems diagnostic and update any software that is required.
Your Digital Service Record will also be updated.

very misleading to say the least :shock: what you would get for £36.40 you would normally do yourself?
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Not sure why you consider it misleading.
https://www.mazda.co.uk/owners/overview/vehicle-checks/
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Just touting for business at a slack time of year. All this should have been done at the last annual service and, if applicable, the MoT.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

jtonline wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:49 am Not sure why you consider it misleading.
https://www.mazda.co.uk/owners/overview/vehicle-checks/
the reason i found it misleading was the email they sent me was implying that i was going to get a lot of service for very little. of course, some people would fall for that nonsense. Mazda doesn't state its costs so you need to be careful
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

As Zoylander says, should all (or most) be done at the last service.. although an oil\filter change plus fluids top up for 36 quid isn't too bad, don't know how much the oil is but I would have paid more than that just for a sump full for my vr6!... But of course the catch is - 'from £36.40'!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

AndyRen wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:00 pm As Zoylander says, should all (or most) be done at the last service.. although an oil\filter change plus fluids top up for 36 quid isn't too bad, don't know how much the oil is but I would have paid more than that just for a sump full for my vr6!... But of course the catch is - 'from £36.40'!
oil\filter change
no way would that be included as the oil itself is £50 approx? you then have labour plus the oil filter plus vat. for most main dealers that's a charge of £99
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

fourbanks wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:08 pm
AndyRen wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:00 pm As Zoylander says, should all (or most) be done at the last service.. although an oil\filter change plus fluids top up for 36 quid isn't too bad, don't know how much the oil is but I would have paid more than that just for a sump full for my vr6!... But of course the catch is - 'from £36.40'!
oil\filter change
no way would that be included as the oil itself is £50 approx? you then have labour plus the oil filter plus vat. for most main dealers that's a charge of £99
Yes.... As I said - the catch is '-from-' £36.40!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

AndyRen wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:30 pm
oil\filter change
Yes.... As I said - the catch is '-from-' £36.40!
yes indeed. my first-year service is due at the end of January so will report back the current cost once compleated
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

I suspect this is the dealership's marketing area putting out an all customers e-mail . That's fine but it puts out wrong messages.

I had a similar letter from my dealership received 3 months short of my next scheduled annual service ( 2nd service of pre-paid plan).I played dumb and e-mailed dealership asking if the winter check was a new Mazda recommendation or could I wait until my next march service. The answer was that I could wait till march.

Had my vehicle been four years old and out of any guarantee-I just might have chanced this and opted for this £36.40 deal--but as has been pointed out the words "FROM£36.40"says it all.

This is definitely a "come on in"
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
clawhn

Post by clawhn »

yes indeed. my first-year service is due at the end of January so will report back the current cost once compleated
1st service carried out before Christmas at Leominster Mazda @ £158 with software update. Most of the other surrounding dealers were over £200.
2018 Mazda CX3 Sport Nav+ Petrol Manual Eternal Blue. Detachable tow bar. Blaenavon, South Wales.