Man in the middle attack

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

Aldi have a pair of wireless-opaque key-fob pouches on sale for £4.99 right now. If you have keyless entry on your Mazda it is a cheap way to protect against theft.

They work. I had my fob in its pouch right next to the boot lock and I couldn't open it.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.

Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

..and then you take your key fob out to open the boot.. and the protection is gone..
Boyle de Cabbage

That's not the point.

You store your key at home in the pouch and then no one can stand at your front door relaying the car signal amplified by his mate's car receiver and picking up your key-fob's unlock codes.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Witfit wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:21 pm ..and then you take your key fob out to open the boot.. and the protection is gone..
Boyle was just trying to prove the pouch actually worked - unlike the ones I bought from a 'police' shop in Bluewater!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

Sure they work so will a baco oven pouch, the cars that are most at risk are high end cars - which as nice as we CX-3 owners like our cars they are hardly high end value models. Here is a list of the cars that failed a recent German test - the CX-3 is missing..

These are the models of cars that were unlocked during testing in Germany
Alfa Romeo Giulia

Audi A3, A4, A4 Avant, A5, A6, A6 All Road, R8, SQ7, TTS

BMW 225xe, 318i, 318d, 520d, 640d, 730d, 740, 740d, i3, i3 94 Ah (7/2016), i3 94 Ah (5/2016), X1, X1 SDrive 18d

Citroen DS4 CrossBack, C3 Pure Tech, C4 Picasso, C4 Picasso HDI, Spacetourer

Fiat 124 Spider

Ford Eco-Sport, Edge, Focus RS, Galaxy, Mustang, S-Max

Honda HR-V

Hyundai i10, i30, i30 1.4 T-GDI, iX35 Fuel Cell, i40, Santa Fe, Infinity Q30

Jaguar F-Pace

Kia Niro Hybrid, Optima (11/2015), Optima (8/2016), Optima Plugin-Hybrid

Land Rover Discovery, Range Rover Evoque

Lexus RX 450h

Mazda 3 Skyactive, CX-5

Mercedes E 220d, E 220d T-Modell
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Perhaps as our CX-3 is not a high end car they didn't feel the need to test it eh? Although the CX-5 appeared to have failed their test (whatever it was?!?) as for a baco oven pouch blocking the cars signal, have you tried it? I've tried several metal boxes, foil lined containers etc and not one of them blocked the signal so I personally bought a pouch that would ensure my car is still outside my house in the morning if by any chance a couple of nonces with a box of tricks bought on eBay happened to be in my immediate neighbourhood during the night. Good luck to those owners of high end value cars who don't own some kind of signal blocking device.
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

The reason why some people complain about the Car Signal Blocker Faraday Cage Pouches not working is possibly because the Pouches have two compartments, the front compartment is not a protected compartment but the back compartment is. You should notice that when you close the Pouch the rear compartment extended lip folds over to completely seal the key fob within the pouch. After I placed my Keys with Fob into the Faraday Pouch, I then took the sealed Pouch out to the car and I could not open the car, therefore proving without a shadow of doubt that the Pouch had effectively BLOCKED the signal from my Key Fob within the Pouch.
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Totally agree with you Andy I always keep my keys when in the house in a Faraday pouch, why would you not want to spend a fiver to potentially
Prevent your car from getting nicked.
The scumbags also hang about in motorway car parks follow drivers inside and use the same trick as the drivers have their key on them some of the parking bays are close to the restaurant windows.
The anti theft advisors recommend you also keep your key in a Faraday pouch when out and about, although I must admit I don't bother.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Boyle de Cabbage

It's all very simple really: if you want peace of mind, you spend a fiver.
(The avatar of the dissenter is somehow revealing.)
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

lhcmazda wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:12 pm The reason why some people complain about the Car Signal Blocker Faraday Cage Pouches not working is possibly because the Pouches have two compartments, the front compartment is not a protected compartment but the back compartment is. You should notice that when you close the Pouch the rear compartment extended lip folds over to completely seal the key fob within the pouch. After I placed my Keys with Fob into the Faraday Pouch, I then took the sealed Pouch out to the car and I could not open the car, therefore proving without a shadow of doubt that the Pouch had effectively BLOCKED the signal from my Key Fob within the Pouch.
Possibly, but a read of the instructions should point one in the right direction ;)

I also think it prudent to occasionally check the reliability of pouches as the continual opening and closing of the flap could damage the stitched in mesh rendering the pouch useless!