Man in the middle attack

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I still use a pouch, but I'm not sure why. Thieves now have key code grabbers available to them, devices that can be left near your car, under a hedge or rock, that pick up the signal from your key to your car. They block the first signal from your key and copy the code, it can then be used at any time to unlock and start your car.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED

Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

Calling the key-fob pouch a Faraday cage is akin to calling a peashooter an ICM.

Back to basics a Baco pouch is over kill but is useful for putting phones and phablets through airport scanners etc and for general protection from scanners for the neurotic amongst us..

However this simple bit of baking foil wrapped around works.. and is cheap – the stitching does not come undone and can be remoulded to make emergency fuses amongst other things..

..but back to the mail topic of stopping theft the best option is a keyed steering wheel crook lock.

The pouches are a okay – but if there is a call out for a Mica Blue CX-3 with a nodding dog then they just need to sit outside your home until you inevitable take the key out of the pouch or follow you to the shopping centre or why

Cars are pinched if they are a prestige model (already discussed) and parts especially 5-7 year olds as the owners have less money and are not wanting to pay dealer rates – hence why Fords and VWs are so popular, so Mazdas as a whole are not mainstream.. are a lesser target especially the CX-3 as it is still relatively new.

(the pic is deliberately out of focus)

baco.jpg

BWJ

Post by BWJ »

I always keep key in this, not practical - but safe :D

TRAILER-BOMB-CONTAINER3-300x213.png

CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

BWJ wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:56 pm I always keep key in this, not practical - but safe :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

BWJ wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:56 pm I always keep key in this, not practical - but safe :D
Encased in a suitable strength steel mess reinforced concrete bunker I hope - Can't be too careful eh?! ;)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Habu

Post by Habu »

Witfit wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:20 am
However this simple bit of baking foil wrapped around works.. and is cheap – the stitching does not come undone and can be remoulded to make emergency fuses amongst other things..
Yup, bacofoil fuses.

390055FB-66DE-43FD-941E-7572AF00B1A6.jpeg

Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Habu wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:23 pm Yup, bacofoil fuses.
The smell of melting cheese - combined with the tang of melting plastic of the fuse holder - luvvleejubblee :lol:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

If anyone wants to steal my car from my home, they must first break into my locked and alarm protected garage.
They are unlikely to bother when most of my neighbours cars are left outside on their drives overnight, like sitting ducks.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

The CX-30 has been rated as poor in a new Thatcham Research assessment of 13 new cars on sale in the UK. Only one level above unacceptable. So no reason to think the CX-3 wouldn't be the same assessment. One reason for making sure you've got some kind of Faraday pouch to store the key when at home, especially if the car is left on the drive or the roadside rather than in a garage. About time Mazda followed other manufacturers whose keys stop transmitting if not moved for a few seconds and offering upgraded keys for existing owners e.g. like Ford

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/car ... hefts.html
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016