First Mazda

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
BushWookie

Post by BushWookie »

Hi, in March my wife replaced her Citroen DS3 with a lovely brand new CX-3, this is our first Mazda and as the driving position is higher than most small cars it ticked that box as my wife has lower back problems, anyway I’m going off subject.

Boxing Day we went to move the car off the In laws drive but it wouldn’t budge, the light on the auto handbrake was not illuminated and it would not disengage. Mazda turned up the following morning and took the rear wheels off and wind the handbrake off. It was with the dealer for 3 days and got fixed.

The fault was with the earth cable in the boot.

This evening she noticed that the air con is not working, am I right in thinking this was an issue with early cars and has been sorted for my19 models???

Thanks

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about those problems. As far as I'm aware, the problems with the air conditioning system - namely faulty condenser, evaporator and internal control unit - were all resolved on cars built from Nov 2016. So they shouldn't be related to problems on a '19 model. If you can give more details of what your wife meant by not working then a forum member here might be able to suggest a possible reason, although it will obviously be a case of booking the car into your dealer to investigate and find the fault.

Note: To help other members when answering any problems you might raise, can I recommend you add your car details to your signature and your approximate location to your profile. This post gives details on how to do that.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=808
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
BushWookie

Post by BushWookie »

Thanks, I will add my details as you suggest.

I sat in the car earlier and started it, the air con light doesn’t illuminate when you push it (it’s not on auto mode) and the air is not cool. Left it for ten minutes, restarted and it still will not work. I will phone the garage in the morning and see what they say.