CX-3 mirror question

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Alexpen

Post by Alexpen »

Hello guys.

Really glad i discovered this forum. I have just purchased my cx3 1.5 diesel, second hand. It is in pristine condition with only one flaw. The black rim-ring around the right (passenger in my case) is broken. Not the coloured cover nor the direction light. Do you know if our mazda has identical side mirrors with other Mazdas,since looking for a replacement part on the internet (i.e. ebay and AliExpress) i can barely find anything for our mirrors.

Thank you in advance!

IMG-20200114-WA0008.jpg

A novel CX 3 2016 1.5 Diesel owner.
Living between Spain and Greece.

Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

The rim as you describe is the main assembly of the unit unlike the cover and the indicator flasher it does not disassemble and alas they are expensive - and require a total strip down.. may be you could partial dismantle it and do a repair with filler - or learn to live with it.. here is the pic of mine when I changed a damaged indicator - it at least shows you the mirror..

P1020021.jpg

Alexpen

Post by Alexpen »

:?

Thank you for your answer. I can definitely live with it but it somehow scares me that water me get inside and cause more troubles.
Any filler recommendation?
A novel CX 3 2016 1.5 Diesel owner.
Living between Spain and Greece.
Deleted User 1096

Water can get into it any way - it is not a sealed unit.. as for repairing the damage - try an epoxy resin.. but you will have to sand into shape and paint it etc etc - I would go back to plan B and leave as it is..
shift74

Post by shift74 »

The shell itself can be found on Aliexpress.
Deleted User 1096

Alas it is not the shell that is broken but the main carcass, having blown the pic up it has a sizeable hole. The issue is that a Jack Duckworth job may fix it but it would become more obvious - it is a hey ho.. cosmetic problem.. you could wait until you scuff the wheels and then have another shall I fix it or wait till I sell it ..

shell.jpg

Deleted User 1096

Here is the diy fix - oh the wonders of youtube..
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Alexpen wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:05 am :?

Thank you for your answer. I can definitely live with it but it somehow scares me that water me get inside and cause more troubles.
Any filler recommendation?
Without any information on where you are located, or the age of your car, it's difficult to suggest possible suppliers of a replacement door mirror assembly which I think you'd need. There is a USA site which has an extensive catalogue of Mazda CX-3 parts e.g. for a 2016 CX-3 here's the various door mirror stuff :-

https://www.mazdanyparts.com/v-2016-maz ... de-mirrors

Unfortunately they don't post outside the USA but if you know someone there maybe they could help. There would be import taxes to pay of course.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

AlexPen, my guess is that you're in Spain, but please update your profile; see here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=808
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd