Headlights and a question about first service

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
NickW

Post by NickW »

Hi guys

I've had my CX3 since I entered a lease contract in July 2019 and I love it, great car. However, I've been doing a fair bit of night driving recently and the headlights are the worst I've ever had on a car, truly awful.

Does anyone have a suggestion how I could improve the situation?

Can I have a supplementary question? I've done 5,600 miles and the wrench warning light has come on. Looking on a Mazda dealer web-site it says first service should be due at 12,500 miles. Should I book it in for a service or just re-set the light?

Thanks
Mazda CX 3 SE L 2.0 Auto in jet black

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Reset the light. The service interval should be replicated on the maintenance warning lights.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

If you bought/leased the car and it was new in July 2019 then the first service is due 12 months or 12500 miles whichever comes first...so July 2020
NickW

Post by NickW »

Thanks - just wanted to check it out.
santa

Post by santa »

NickW wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:45 pm Hi guys

I've had my CX3 since I entered a lease contract in July 2019 and I love it, great car. However, I've been doing a fair bit of night driving recently and the headlights are the worst I've ever had on a car, truly awful.

Does anyone have a suggestion how I could improve the situation?

Can I have a supplementary question? I've done 5,600 miles and the wrench warning light has come on. Looking on a Mazda dealer web-site it says first service should be due at 12,500 miles. Should I book it in for a service or just re-set the light?

Thanks
Sounds like you have halogen headlights and not LEDs. In that case I would look for some quality Philips or Osram bulbs.
If you do have LED headlights and you think they are bad, I suspect something is wrong.

Is the service interval set as flexible?
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

As I have posted before: I have the halogens. Replaced the dipped beam bulbs with Osram Night Breakers. Still not as good as LED’s but big improvement at reasonable cost.
CX-3 Sport Black+, Eternal Blue, Petrol, Auto
NickW

Post by NickW »

Thanks everyone for your help.

It was a notification to rotate the tyres - I've reset and the light has gone off. Service interval was set for 12,500.

.....and will be fitting some Osram Night Breakers at the weekend!
Johnhorsley5

Post by Johnhorsley5 »

Like you I’m interested in upgrading my headlights but I’m not sure what I have now, and thus what do I need? The manual gives several options so how do I know what my setup is?
68 plate Mazda CX-3 HATCHBACK SPECIAL EDITION 2.0 Sport Black + 5dr Auto
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

I had appalling headlight vision one night last winter. Checked it out the next morning and discovered the actual lights were completely caked with mud/dirt.
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018