Radiator Grill

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
p6nsh

Post by p6nsh »

Those members who have changed their horns how easy is to remove the front grill?
Machine Grey Sport Nav+ 150ps AWD Auto with safety Pack

Gus

Post by Gus »

I believe it is a full front bumper removal as the grill is integral, but I also believe some may have got their hands behind and not had to remove any thing apart from the cover at the top.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Gus wrote:I believe it is a full front bumper removal as the grill is integral, but I also believe some may have got their hands behind and not had to remove any thing apart from the cover at the top.
Yes I managed to remove the standard single wind tone horn and fit two flat type Hella Strong tone horns on the same mounting, but its not easy and very fiddly. I lowered the two horns down with a piece of string and used a socket and extension through the front grill to screw the bolt back in.
I swore at it a few times :o but I couldn't face removing the front of the car so it was worth the effort.
Bill
Sport Nav Diesel AWD Automatic
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Blimey Bill, don't know if I could have managed that. You'll be decorating the hall through the letter box next.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
p6nsh

Post by p6nsh »

Thanks Bill I may have to rethink this. I do not want to strip the front of the car
Machine Grey Sport Nav+ 150ps AWD Auto with safety Pack
tiboreb

Post by tiboreb »

Hi! With 1 tinny flat scewdriver and a 10 tubullar and Ph2 screwdriver it is 10 minutes to get down the whole front bumper. I have done it several times. Several horn changes without big success. The wheel arch must be removed in the front third! I like Mazda - it is so easy to repair/dismantle :-) after VW.
tiboreb

Post by tiboreb »

Post to anchorman:
I plan to change to a Stebel Nautilus Compact airhorn, but that needs 30A relay (10A original) and higher fuse (10A original). Is it possible to change relay and fuse in the motorbay fusebox? On youtube they use external wiiring and fuse and relay.
Thanx!