Cattle grids

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Deleted User 437

Post by Deleted User 437 »

Hello, not a gripe, just an observation. Having recently moved I now drive over several cattle grids, each time I drive over a grid the car loses grip and skids. Does not matter if it is in wet or dry conditions, the car will lose grip, skid then lurch forward. It is amusing if I have an unsuspecting passenger in the car :o The tyres are original , mileage is 7500 so are not worn (recent second service the tread was checked and was fine). Doesn't seem to matter what speed I am doing, although the faster the speed, the better the skid effect!

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar?

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

MrMildrew wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:58 pm
the faster the speed, the better the skid effect!
:lol: :lol: :lol: ..... Shouldn't that be "the 'worse' the skid effect"..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not driven over a cattle grid for years so can't help I'm afraid.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
clawhn

Post by clawhn »

I live in rural Wales so encounter plenty of cattle grids on my travels. Never experienced skidding or slip on them. I don't brake going over them and always take my foot off the accelerator.
2018 Mazda CX3 Sport Nav+ Petrol Manual Eternal Blue. Detachable tow bar. Blaenavon, South Wales.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Your comments make sense if you are braking on the grid, there is no surface for the tyre to grip on. Absolutely no point braking on the grid.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

From your sig MrMildrew...

'Adapted with Electric Left Foot Accelerator. 07/18'

I wonder if this could possibly be causing your 'problem' :?:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...