Possible CX-30 owner - Some questions

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Deleted User 1663

Post by Deleted User 1663 »

Hi Guys

I realise that this forum isn't for the CX-30 but there may be some commonality.

Just joined the forum as I'm going to be changing my car next spring and am considering a CX-30 AWD auto. My current car is a 2016 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid AWD but we don't need anything quite so big so I thought I would look at something a bit smaller. I really like the look of the CX-30 and I have been looking at the the owner's manual online. Although there is a lot of information in it there is the chance that not everything is relevant to the UK so I'm hoping that some of you may be able to answer a few questions.

Keyless entry: With my Toyota there is a procedure to turn off the key fob for security, does the CX-30 have a similar procedure?
Electronic Parking Brake: When I park my car in the garage I leave the handbrake (parking brake) off, is there a procedure to leave the parking brake off if required?
Sat Nav: Can it be linked to a mobile phone to use data to update the route if there are delays?
Head Up Display: Can this be disabled?

I have done some checking and I have found some suppliers of temporary spare wheel kits, does the spare wheel well just have an insert with a repair kit so it's easy to empty?

Sorry for all the questions and grateful for any help. I don't want to arrange for a test drive until nearer the time I'm going to change.

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

If you're on Facebook, there is a CX-30 UK Owner's Club at https://www.facebook.com/groups/3062962017064848
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 1663

Thank you!
santa

Post by santa »

Andyfr wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:48 pm Hi Guys

I realise that this forum isn't for the CX-30 but there may be some commonality.

Just joined the forum as I'm going to be changing my car next spring and am considering a CX-30 AWD auto. My current car is a 2016 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid AWD but we don't need anything quite so big so I thought I would look at something a bit smaller. I really like the look of the CX-30 and I have been looking at the the owner's manual online. Although there is a lot of information in it there is the chance that not everything is relevant to the UK so I'm hoping that some of you may be able to answer a few questions.

Keyless entry: With my Toyota there is a procedure to turn off the key fob for security, does the CX-30 have a similar procedure?
Electronic Parking Brake: When I park my car in the garage I leave the handbrake (parking brake) off, is there a procedure to leave the parking brake off if required?
Sat Nav: Can it be linked to a mobile phone to use data to update the route if there are delays?
Head Up Display: Can this be disabled?

I have done some checking and I have found some suppliers of temporary spare wheel kits, does the spare wheel well just have an insert with a repair kit so it's easy to empty?

Sorry for all the questions and grateful for any help. I don't want to arrange for a test drive until nearer the time I'm going to change.
All this is according to the CX-30 instructionmanual:
Keyless Entry: The system can be disabled by the Mazda dealer in case of pacemaker or other electronic devices that can be confused by the keyless entry system. This will force you to use the same start-engine procedure as when the battery is dead.
EPB: you can disable it but it will turn on automatically every time you start the car.
SATNAV: All CX-30 should have Apple Carplay and Android Auto fitted, so you can use that instead of the build in Mazda NAV.
HUD: You should be able to enable and disable the HUD in the settings menu of the Mazda Connect system (at least according to the Mazda Connect instruction manual) - though I don't know why you would do that, it's an awesome system.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
Deleted User 1663

Thanks.