Towing trailer or caravan.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
TheBiker

Post by TheBiker »

Hiya folks,
Just wondered if anyone here tows with their CX3, either a trailer or a caravan.
Petrol mainly but diesel comments as well.
If you do, or you know someone who else who does/did, how do you/they find the vehicle for towing.
Any comments most welcome.
CX3 2.0 Sport Nav, Petrol, Dynamic Mica Blue, Manual, registered 02.08.2015.

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I tow a small trailer. I don't have any issues at all. Don't even notice it except for the trailer rattle.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
frog8fly

Post by frog8fly »

I tow a 4 x 8 trailer (fairly heavy, 14" wheels) back and forth to the cottage and other runs around home. I never overload it because of the anchoring bolts on the left side are not the strongest but the right side has a secure bolt to the frame tow hook. I am thinking of beefing up the left side so I could haul more. Also when climbing steep hills because of the weight of the trailer and the load I use the manual option of the transmission to not stress it too much. It handles very well with no swaying. Best of luck.
2016 CX-3 GX Sport Auto AWD Meteor Grey
Canada