Out-of-warranty replacement of power fold mirror motor

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
kerbstone

Post by kerbstone »

Just a heads-up. I have a 2015 CX-3 with power-fold mirrors (these are the ones which are not automatic - you turn the adjustment knob to fold them). But I would imagine that this would equally apply to the auto ones.

My left-hand mirror recently stopped folding in. It just twitched a bit. I established that the extended warranty from Bristol Street Motors would cover repair/replacement. However when my dealer requested the part (motor) from Mazda, there was obviously a flag on this as an issue, and Mazda, bless their cotton socks, volunteered (without anyone asking) to pay for motor and fitting. This on a car which was 2 years outside the original Mazda warranty.

The motor failure is, apparently, random. Water ingress. Presumably incomplete sealing.

What a superb service. I was looking at all sorts of alternatives because it's time to get another car, but this sort of service draws me towards a CX-30.

Anyhow, I hope that this info may be useful to some of you.
65/2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Soul Red, 2.0 Petrol, AWD, Manual

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

👍
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

👍
2017 SE-L-NAV ETERNAL BLUE
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

It's a common fault which Mazda know about...it does seem to effect the nearside mirror more than the offside for some reason.

I was lucky as mine was replaced under warranty.
bluemoon37

Post by bluemoon37 »

Thanks, this is really helpful. I have a 2015 CX3 Sports Nav which developed the same fault in September on the nearside mirror. The motor is constantly clicking when the car is running as if you are trying to adjust the wing mirror. It will adjust and fold in, but then won't fold back out. Car is out of warranty and spoke to Burrows who wanted to charge £90 just to diagnose the problem (clearly a faulty motor in the wing mirror).

I have left it for now as don't want to pay a few hundred pounds to fix a wing mirror but will ask Burrows to contact Mazda.
AndyE

Post by AndyE »

I have a cx5 with a nearside mirror that dosent always close fully.. its a common fault with Mazda. Weirdly more so on the nearside. Still under warranty so I took her in. Turns out I need a new actuator. Booked back in for repair. All under warranty.
Deleted User 1027

Just an update on this thread.

My nearside was replaced under warranty and now the offside is faulty.

I rang up to obtain a quote to replace and it obviously flagged up on the system.

I have submitted photos and awaiting a reply to see if Mazda offer a goodwill gesture...fingers crossed.
Deleted User 1027

Okay a further update...Mazda are aware this is a serious design fault and will authorise a replacement electric wing mirror motor for vehicles up to 5 years old.

My offside was replaced today free of charge and the nearside which went faulty after i booked it in for the offside mirror is being replaced in the new year for the second time.

I can't fault Mazda but i hope they have modified the part so it dosen't happen again.

Just to note three other vehicles were booked in today for the same fault.