2nd year service

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

I've just been quoted £330 for my second-year service. is this about right?
it includes an oil change and surprisingly my brake fluid? I've never had my brake fluid changed before for the 2nd service on any vehicle I've owned
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition

captaindave

Post by captaindave »

I paid £270 for the 2nd Year Service - IIRC the price should have been about the same as you mentioned, but they price matched another Mazda main dealer ( Eden Taunton )

The Eden Taunton price for my 3rd Year Service ( due in Jan ) was again about £60 cheaper than the place nearer to where i live , so i will use the price match again..
2018 CX3 SE-Nav Petrol, manual , Soul Red.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

The 2nd and each subsequent 2 year service is more comprehensive than the odd years. Rates can be quite different in different parts of the country due to varying labour rates which is the major element of the total service cost. Your best bet is to compare it to those quoted by other Mazda dealer(s) within your area - something they can give you via a phone call.

It is standard to replace the brake fluid every 2 years, irrespective of the mileage because of the way the fluid is hygroscopic and absorbs water from the air over time which reduces it's use capability. If you check the CX-3 service schedule extract below you'll see it is part of the 2nd year tasks.

Mazda CX-3 Service Schedule.pdf
(155.95 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

thanks very much, guys for your input which is very much appreciated :)
Awd_1999

Post by Awd_1999 »

Just had mine done. £266 at EMG Cambridge
Dec 18, CX-3 Sport Nav+ 150ps AWD
Safety Pack, Soul RED Crystal
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

they're going to service my car in Horsham for £303 so I've agreed to that. does anyone know if they valet the vehicle within that price for the 2nd service? my old private dealer always did but with these large conglomerates today with many franchises, your just a number and anything goes?
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

If it's anything like RRG Mazda in Stockport Cheshire it was a quick hose down on the outside and nothing done on the inside, very disappointing. Whereas my I year old Toyota Yaris serviced by RRG Timperley Cheshire has a complete valet, and the car looks like new. I'm not impressed in general with RRG Mazda Stockport either Customer Service or Sales, and will most likely not be continuing with them after the 3 year warranty expires. So I recon the extra little touches depend very much on the dealers standards, and commitment to try and keep the customer satisfied enough to continue dealing with them. Another problem is trying to enquire about any details of any problems on the car which you have asked them to investigate, you cannot speak to an engineer or at least someone who can give you accurate details of what they have fixed / repaired. You have to accept the details from a customer service representative, who has no understanding of the mechanics of the vehicle very very frustrating. This is where the independent garages win hands down in every way, and why I shall be investigating a good one to look after my pride and joy.
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

A valet is not part of the Mazda Scheduled Service operations. Each dealer is a franchise and can set their own labour rates and whether they provide things like a valet after service or not. The dealer I use is a smallish rural operation and you can speak to technicians etc no problem. They do a free wash and basic hoover of footwells at each service, but it's nothing spectacular. They don't have an automatic courtesy car though, which is a real nuisance.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

i had the 2nd year service done for the agreed £303 no faults to report courtesy car included with that price. no washing of the car thou because of covid. i cant see what covids got to do with it but like the vast majority of business today they like to blame everything on covid on why things aren't taking place.