Spare Wheel

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Ed1943

Post by Ed1943 »

Just got my 2018 Petrol Sport Nav AWD and of course there's no spare wheel. Where is the best place to purchase spare wheel kit (Bose system) c/w jack etc. I don't have any faith in the sealant kit supplied. Do I need to order through local Mazda agent?
Many thanks in advance from a happy new CX-3 owner :D
Eddie
2018 CX-3 Sport Nav Petrol Black AWD

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

They quite often come up for sale on this forum. But location/distance is always a problem.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

I got lucky on ebay with a genuine kit from someone selling their car.

Nearly went down the Mazda dealer route but it was around £350 if i remember correctly.
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

I bought one from Sandcliffe Mazda, Loughborough, for £312. That was for the Bose version and came with everything you could possibly need. The price included postage as well, but it was about a year ago, so the price might well have gone up. Still, it was the cheapest price at the time compared with other Mazda dealers. Worth an enquiry.
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

As others have said, you might be lucky and find another forum member post they are selling their spare wheel and tyre set. When I originally purchased my new CX-3 I bought a complete space saver spare wheel set but in retrospect I would have bought a full size one and the various add on bits - reference the details on this website of a member / administrator here jtonline :-

http://www.jtonline.info/18-inch-spare-wheel/

There is always the option of going for a full size steel wheel, albeit 16" and higher profile tyre so the rolling radius equates to the 18" alloy wheel combination. These are sold by various people on eBay e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mazda-CX-3-2 ... 2543798072

Bear in mind that all (?) the large car breakdown recovery companies, assuming you are a member of one of course, now carry a universal space saver wheel and tyre combination that I think can fit the majority of cars - see this on the RAC site :-

https://www.rac.co.uk/innovation/universal-spare-wheel

I don't know if this applies to the the company/ies used by the Mazda breakdown cover policy included in the 3 year warranty on your 2018 car. Would be worth checking with them as it might allow you to take your time getting a spare for yourself.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Ed1943

Post by Ed1943 »

Hi folks,
Many thanks for your replies and advice, i might have a contact with local Mazda spare parts dept!!! or otherwise i'll look around ebay etc. Happy and safe New Year to you all.
Eddie
Ed1943

Post by Ed1943 »

Have found a spare wheel kit on ebay but its 16". Seems that all kits offered are 16" (that i've found so far). My CX-3 has 18" wheels and as its AWD would need an 18" spare - i assume these are available.
All the best from Cornwall in the cold and locked down,
Eddie
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

The spare wheel "space saver" restricted to 50mph as supplied by Mazda is a 16" wheel not an 18" wheel, it is acceptable as a spare but it needs the rest of the kit to fit into your boot space, 18" wheels are available on ebay, but again will need other components which are not supplied in a standard Mazda CX-3. You will need a wheel brace and jack etc.
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack
Ed1943

Post by Ed1943 »

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to labour the point but from Mazda you cannot obtain an 18" space saver kit?
With AWD doesn't a 16" spare cause problems with the differential - either front or back with uneven wheel diameters?
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

No, the Mazda space saver wheel kit is only 16". The different tyre profile means it's OK for temporary use on the rear axle.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd