Next Car After CX3

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

As the forum is a little quiet at the moment probably due to people not driving as much under current Covid restrictions i thought i would ask this question.

I usually change my car after 3 years and as a key worker i have been using mine as normal this last 12 months so i am looking to change.

I have been so happy with the CX3 and apart from one or two minor problems/issues i would have bought another but therein lies the problem...Mazda don't make it any more.

Before the latest lockdown i did look at the CX 30 and i like the fact it has an improved info system and more kit but not sure it is as striking in the flesh with all the plastic and i can't for the life of me understand why Mazda only offer a 3 year warranty when Honda/Toyota offer 5 years and Kia a 7 year warratnty.

I will be looking at the following when lockdown eases.

Kia Xceed great kit and warranty.
BMW X2 although i am not sure about the image of a BMW driver.
Ford Puma ST as i would like something a bit faster.

I don't need anything too big as there is only two of us and a small dog.

If you are looking to change and have narrowed your search down please feel free to say which car and why.

Many thanks

Mark

hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

"I have been so happy with the CX3 and apart from one or two minor problems/issues i would have bought another but therein lies the problem...Mazda don't make it any more."

Mazda still manufactures the CX-3, but they no longer sell it in your country :-(
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
TAX

Post by TAX »

Mine will be 4yrs old in September I will change it later this year.

I am looking at either a one year old Subaru XV, or a new Toyota Yaris Cross 4wd, which is scheduled to go on sale in June.
I have had no trouble with the CX3, but after 4 years it is time for a change.

SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Very interesting to see what people will choose as a replacement. So many of us love the CX3 but are not keen on the CX30. I do love my CX3 and as I have only covered 7000 miles in the last two year I may well consider it as a keeper until I stop driving. Not sure yet as I'm only 73 next month. I guess that will depend on my health. I will keep my MX5 until I'm unable to get in or out of it, that may not be too long :lol: .
Unlike TAX I don't think I need anything faster, I have never needed to reach 60mph in less than 7 seconds (MX5 figures) and going fast in straight line is pretty boring. My MX5 gives me all the additional driving pleasure that I will ever need.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
TAX

Post by TAX »

Unlike TAX I don't think I need anything faster,
I certainly don't need anything faster, my CX3 is more than fast enough, is a joy to drive and like all Mazdas have a lovely interior.

The Subaru is a bit of a slowcoach and the Toyota, from what I have read on Australian road tests, is not a fast car.
I am concerned though that the CVT gearboxes on both those cars will spoil the driving experience, I have yet to test drive them.

I don't want a VW group, Renault, Peugeot, or Citroen, I much prefer Japanese cars

I just need something a little roomier and the most important thing to me is reliability.

The CX30 looks good, although it does seem a bit prettified, but a good part exchange deal at Mazda could very well persuade me.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

If it's so good and presumably reliable-I would be minded to just keep it for another 4 years and then see what the electric market has on offer( if anything?)...
You obviously have looked after your CX 3 in the last 3 years-so perhaps add to that by giving it a birthday present of 4 new tyres, a nice big service, have an MOT and give it top valet inside and out plus a deep wax. Then-just pretend you've got a new car
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018