Driving experience and quality - any advice

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Kelboy80

Post by Kelboy80 »

Hi all after some advice/opinions - let me explain.....

I recently purchased my first SUV, being a Mokka X 2019 model. I am really struggling to get used to the ride which I find very uncomfortable around town. It is really bumpy and gittery and even the smallest pothole or bump in the road sends a shudder through the cabin! I have had it inspected and suspension, tyre pressure etc is all fine (well tyre pressure was reduced but made little difference).

I have only had it 3 months but I am seriously thinking of cutting my losses and selling it and buy another SUV or reverting back to a decent sized hatchback.

What is the drive like on the CX3 (looking at models 2017 upwards)? My concern is that this type of bumpy ride is a character of the SUV and I may just end up with the same issue. If it's not - and the Mazda is worth considering any recommendations on models/trim? I mainly do urban town driving, no more than 5,000 miles per year.

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Can't you book at test drive at your nearest dealer? I've booked & taken one during lock down last year for a CX-30.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I originally had a 2016 model and that was a hard ride and fairly noisy. I upgraded to a 2019 model and it is so much better. A lot smoother ride and a lot quieter.
I think the upgrade was in late 2018.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Just to clarify my last post because I was in a bit of a hurry. The early CX-3 was also a harsh ride, but in late 2018 they redesigned the suspension which was a major improvement to the ride. Mazda also introduced additional sound proofing which reduced a lot of road noise that heard in the earlier models. The CX-3 is a drivers car and will never give the soft ride that you get from something like a Citroen, but the updated CX-3 gives you the best of both worlds that you could ever expect. You have to decide whether you want to wallow about in an armchair or enjoy a bit of fun driving. The choice is yours!
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED