Question on extended warranty ?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
captaindave

Post by captaindave »

Hi all,

Normal warranty is up soon, and i got a quote for 336.80 for 1 year extended warranty ( no breakdown cover ) or 37.46 per month.

Question is : Do you just get one chance to take out extended warranty when the vehicle is 3 years old, or could i leave it for now and call them in a years time ?
( As long as i continue to have it serviced at Mazda dealers of course )

I must admit i havnt checked what the extended warranty covers yet, but i am assuming it is decent because of the take-up on here...

The main reason, rightly or wrongly, i am considering delaying taking EW ( if possible ) is that the vehicle has only done 18K...

Ta
2018 CX3 SE-Nav Petrol, manual , Soul Red.

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

My warranty on my CX-3 runs out next January. and I do not intend to extend it. I really don't know whether you will be able to take out and extended warranty after the end of year four. But why would you unless you thought there was a problem. Apart from the early models suffering from cheap Chinese aluminum in the Air Con matrix, the CX-3 has been an extremely reliable car. If I was you I would save the £350/year and use it if required, if it's not required put it toward your next car.
18K is nothing, not even run in yet. Expect to get at least 150K from a Mazda engine.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
captaindave

Post by captaindave »

Thanks for your input, appreciated.

Its the way i am leaning at the moment, its like all insurance, you weigh up the odds and say " Do i feel lucky, punk " :D

I will have a read upon what is covered though.
2018 CX3 SE-Nav Petrol, manual , Soul Red.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

I haven't extended mine because i have now moved to an area which is 50 mins away from a main dealership, my mileage is very small and there are plenty of independent garages reasonably near to hand. HOWEVER- I have £upgraded my standard Breakdown Cover just in case I can't "start" in the morning etc
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Dogfuzz wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:47 am I haven't extended mine because i have now moved to an area which is 50 mins away from a main dealership, my mileage is very small and there are plenty of independent garages reasonably near to hand. HOWEVER- I have £upgraded my standard Breakdown Cover just in case I can't "start" in the morning etc
I bought a jump starter pack for £26, used it once, well worth the investment.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED