4th service cost

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Cymro

Post by Cymro »

Just been quoted £450 for 4th service and mot think this is way too expensive any thoughts 17 plate diesel .What price is everyone else paying? Thinking of going to Halfords £280 all in

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Unless you have taken out an extended warranty i don't see the point of continuing to have your vehicle serviced at Mazda.

After the third service i always use my trusted independant garage who i know will do a better job than a Mazda garage.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

I would certainly favour a good independent. Re the estimates you've got-I assume this is for the service and the MOT only, thus costs could well be more. EG-you may have to factor in brake shoe replacement and perhaps a tyre or two might be getting near the limit?
Another point-how much mileage have you done in the last "covid" year? If low--why not have the MOT done now by an independent ( which I'm sure you will pass!) ,take note and deal with any advisories ,then at the same time just have a cheaper short service--maybe considering a longer service before the winter ?
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

I've just had an email from my local Mazda dealer. I am being quoted £1022 for the 4th, 5th and 6th services, plus I can pay on HP interest free. Obviously, this doesnt include any MOTs. The cars coming up for 3 years old in October and I have had a service contract for the last 2 years which worked out in my favour as opposed to Pay as you Go.
Overall, looking at service costs generally, that doesnt sound too bad, bearing in mind, that costs will rise every year. I'll need to look at the T & Cs in detail in case I change the car, but I usually keep them for about 6 years.
What's the general consensus of opinion, or what does everyone think as well???? :lol: :roll:
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

The service plan which I took out for the car when new together with the warrantee expires in September 2021, and I have been offered a further service plan by RRG Mazda Stockport to cover the 4th and 5th service the cost being £508, paid per month interest free. I have accepted the offer, I live near Manchester, the deal being offered by RRG Mazda Stockport.
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

The costs for my 4th, 5th & 6th were circa £950. And that was 2 years ago.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

Had my 4th service done by my trusted local garage and all together with the MOT came to £183.
2017 SE-L-NAV ETERNAL BLUE
TAX

Post by TAX »

My 4th service will be done in a couple of weeks at Stoneacre Mazda in Harrogate.

£245.00, and an MOT at £39.95.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.
captaindave

Post by captaindave »

Same scenario for me - 4th service due in Jan 22 -didnt take out the extended warranty.

For the previous 3 services, i got a reasonable quote from a Mazda dealer in Somerset, and had the service done at Mazda dealer in Plymouth in Devon ( they pric matched the other quote )

For my van i use for work, i always use a "one man band" mechanic ( with proper workshop/premises etc ) trust him totally and always been happy with quality and price of work done.

Thinking of using him for the CX3 going forward.

Is there anywhere i can find details of what work is required for 4th ( and subsequent ) services ?

Thanks
2018 CX3 SE-Nav Petrol, manual , Soul Red.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

captaindave wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:58 pm...Is there anywhere i can find details of what work is required for 4th ( and subsequent ) services ?..

There's a table near the back of the full Owner's Manual that indicates what should be checked, replaced, tightened etc. at each scheduled service interval.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd