Fitting a new rear Bosch H306 wiper blade - help :)

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Having bought one, I tried fitting it today but I can't see an obvious way of getting off the original standard old one. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Pictures on back of the box aren't really helpful imho. Tried finding something useful on YouTube but no luck so far. Can someone whose fitted the H306 one to their CX-3 give me a clue? Thanks in anticipation.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Turn the blade 90 degrees to the arm and then it should push off. I remember I had a bit of a tussle as well.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

HouseSpider wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:44 pm Turn the blade 90 degrees to the arm and then it should push off. I remember I had a bit of a tussle as well.
Many thanks for your reply Housespider. I will try again tomorrow, knowing know I need to turn the blade as you describe and might need to tussle :)
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Update: I managed with a good old tussle to get the old blade off and then easily fit the new one. Extra screen clearance was quite noticeable in today's rain down south.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Update 2: Sorry to report that after 5 months of use - not being every day in the wet or parked out in the sun for long periods (car is garaged) - I noticed yesterday the wiper wasn't clearing after a light shower and water had been sprayed on the rear screen. On checking the wiper I found the whole blade part had disappeared after disintegrating !!! Hope the FOC replacement being sent by the supplier fares much better :D

H306 blade pic 1.JPG

H306 blade pic 4.JPG

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Maybe just unlucky...mine has been on 12 months and i have done 9000 miles and it's had plenty of use and still works.

I normally change ever two years so i don't know how long they should last.
TAX

Post by TAX »

March 28, 2013
Daniel Perlman is a senior research scientist whose work has resulted in about 100 published patents and pending patents in the field of applied research. His current work focuses on nutritionally enhanced processed food products and clinical and laboratory specialty research products crossing the fields of chemistry, physics and biochemistry.
His most recent pending patent, however, is much simpler. Inspiration came from his frustration with a phenomenon that New Englanders can understand – automobile windshield wipers that freeze to the windshield.

“You see some people flip their wipers up when snow is forecast,” he said during a recent demonstration of his newest invention, “but that can be an invitation to vandals if you park on the street.”

Instead, he has developed an unobtrusive solution – a spring-loaded peg that automatically retracts when the wipers are turned on. The peg raises the wipers one to two inches off of the windshield’s surface, just enough to avoid freezing to the glass.

The peg doesn’t affect the operation of the wipers at all. Exiting the car, the driver manually flips them down against the windshield when snow or ice is forecast, but just a flip of the car’s wiper switch resets the wiper blades to their intended position against the windshield.

The Brandeis researcher hopes to find a company to license and commercialize the technology.

“I know that I’m not the only person out there who is frustrated by this aspect of New England winters,” Perlman says, “but I’m the person who is always looking for a new and better way to fix it.”
https://www.brandeis.edu/now/2013/march/wiper.html

There are accessories available that clip to the wiper blade arm, lift them a few mms. off the glass and stop them from sticking to the glass over time by exposure to sunlight, frost and dust and oil from the road. Some of them automatically retract when the wiper is activated, others are clipped on when the car is parked in the sun or frost and need to be taken off manually.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:19 pm
Update 2: Sorry to report that after 5 months of use - not being every day in the wet or parked out in the sun for long periods (car is garaged) - I noticed yesterday the wiper wasn't clearing after a light shower and water had been sprayed on the rear screen. On checking the wiper I found the whole blade part had disappeared after disintegrating !!! Hope the FOC replacement being sent by the supplier fares much better :D

Update 3: Grrrr the replacement Bosch blade I received only last December failed last night for the same reason as before i.e. the blade stripped itself almost fully from the rest of the rubber - see pic. Car use hasn't changed nor has the garaging situation. Now being sent a 2nd replacement, this time I'm changing brands as I've completely lost faith with these Chinese made Bosch ones. The Bosch design with the very thin strip connecting the blade that rubs on the screen with the rest of the blade seems a potential failure point waiting to happen.

Bosch H306 replacement failure 06-2022.jpg

hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

I have the same windshield wiper for over fifteen months and 12,000km (7,500 miles) with no problems. Still wipes as new.

The same problem more than once doesn't seem like bad luck to me.
Maybe you often unknowingly wipes a dry screen? Using aggressive washer fluid?
Maybe the seller had sold you the wipers from the same bad batch?
You name it...
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic