Android Auto on a CX-3 ?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Thermion

Post by Thermion »

Well my move into the 21st Century is going OK but I have a question about the Mazda Connect Infotainment system on my recent CX-3 2019 Sport Nav+ which has the touchscreen.

I wondered if Android Auto is supported as an app on the connect system? The Android site lists CX-3 2020 onward as compatible which seems odd. Or maybe there was a non-uk facelift to the CX-3 infotainment system about the time of the CX-30 in 2020 and maybe in the CX-5?

Any insight anybody, or has anyone tried it? Might not end well to just try it I suppose but seems good if it could work?

Thanks in hope and anticipation

Thermion
CX-3 Sport NAV+ AWD Auto 2019
MX-5 Mk2 1999

Thermion

Post by Thermion »

PS CX-5 2019 onward is listed as compatible, isn't that the same Connect system?
MX-5 Mk2 1999
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

From what i understand you need to upgrade the hardware with a kit that costs around £200 or around £400 if fitted by the dealer.Some have fitted it themselves without any problems.

However i was going to have it retro fitted but the dealer said they had problems with it working seemlessly on Android Auto but better on apple car play.

To be fair there are pros and cons but i can live without it until i buy my next car.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

As above.
If you have Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, you will have a mobile phone icon printed next to the top USB port. If not, it's available as an accessory (USB cables from back of infotainment unit to a new USB module & update to the Operating System version) from a Mazda dealer.
https://www.mazda.co.uk/owners/accessor ... 018-02-01/
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Thermion

Post by Thermion »

Thanks people I don't have the phone logo next to top usb slot so suspect would need the hardware and prob the firmware update. If Connect wasn't so major to car operations I might be tempted on diy basis but def only seems sensible as a dealer option methinks. Thanks for the excellent links. Shall weigh it all up - good to know it's available.

Thermion
MX-5 Mk2 1999
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

Thermion wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:15 pm

I wondered if Android Auto is supported as an app on the connect system? The Android site lists CX-3 2020 onward as compatible which seems odd. Or maybe there was a non-uk facelift to the CX-3 infotainment system about the time of the CX-30 in 2020 and maybe in the CX-5?

Thermion
Lots of information here https://www.mazda3revolution.com/forums ... onics.202/ and here for files and installation information https://mega.nz/folder/YWx3lCIT#6179hwSHeAaPeLF25wvlYQ

Dealer prices for AA device and install are outrageous. Aliexpress is reportedly selling the USB and cable set for official AA for 80 Euro for DIY install. However, if you are in the least bit clunky with tools and hopeless following written instruction ... pay the Mazda Man.

You can also install an unofficial AA depending on the software already on your Connect Media Unit without upgrading your USB unit. See https://mazdatweaks.com/ . Again you need practical competencies. Modern software on the CMU locks you out of tweaks and your 2019 may be in this category. You can still get round the lock but it is not for the feint of heart. Happy reading!
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
Thermion

Post by Thermion »

Thanks for those resources very interesting. Somewhere in there was post that said Mazda intend firmware updates to be dealer fit and that sort of figures to insure against turning the system into a brick. So think I shall look but don't touch to see what firmware version I have. Take it from there, and if it's going to the dealer for that might as well get the cable done I figure. If it's OK I might consider diy cable fit. Half a cunning plan, but no hurry. Thermion.
MX-5 Mk2 1999
Thermion

Post by Thermion »

Yup so firmware 70.00.100 is, as far as I can tell, the original fitted version and that is said to support AA. Hooray. But though the USB hub and cable upgrade parts look innocent enough, there's commentary about a dealer fit on CX-5 that shows the whole dash removed in a pretty labour intensive process. Now that might not be the same for CX-3 I suppose, but it's more than enough to send me to the dealer when I decide to get it done not least so as to not mess up warranty. Thx for pointers and see this topic crops up from time to time soz. Have i got this right? Thx
MX-5 Mk2 1999
ASH8

Post by ASH8 »

yes see my server, and for Europe and UK 70.00.367A is the latest available firmware....plus you must install 2 sets of Mazda parts.
see signature
Latest Genuine Mazda MZD-Connect files are now available for free. You must message me as links will no longer be publicly posted.
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

ASH8 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:00 am yes see my server, and for Europe and UK 70.00.367A is the latest available firmware....plus you must install 2 sets of Mazda parts.
see signature
Bloody Hell, mate! You get around!

For those not in the know this is the former Corporal Ash from Oz; since given a battlefield commission and promoted to Major Ash for his selfless devotion to the provision of all CMU software from Mazda.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.